Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Representation Categories, Which catagory to select
M15ley
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 07:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,104

Hi all........

Received a PCN from North Tyneside Council - 'Parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone without either clearly displaying a valid permit or voucher
or pay and display ticket issued for that place, or without payment of the parking charge'.

There are different parking restriction on each side of the street and I parked opposite a sign - 'Permit holders or 2 hours No return within 4 hours' and this was the only sign visible to me.
Upon further inspection there is a sign approx. 50yrds further down the street - 'Permit holders only Mon - Sat 8am - 6pm (WB6)'

https://goo.gl/maps/rNvBmt9ZAKS2

The crucial element here however is that directly in front of where I parked is a sign post with no sign. A Google street view image of the same location from 2014 actually shows the
same 'Permit holders only' sign that I discovered further up the street. As a sign previously existed but is now missing, to me this clearly amounts to inadequate signage?

https://goo.gl/maps/HphEn7nXDWP2

Other than your valued views on my predicament, I'm seeking clarification as to which category I make representations? My initial thoughts are 'The alleged contravention did not occur' because
of the inadequate/missing sign?

Thanks in advance,
M.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 07:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 08:20
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Post the PCN. Have you got a notice to owner at the full whack? Sounds like you didn't make an informal challenge?

Missing sign is flimsy but you may be able to make a case that you can't be expected to traipse around looking for signage. A sign in another bay is irrelevant other than you misleading yourself.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 22 May 2018 - 08:20

+Quote Post
M15ley
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 10:08
Post #3

Member No.: 4,104

Yes, I did submit a 'challenge' but this was refused/declined and in doing so they made absolutely no reference to my statements or supporting evidence.
It was as if they had not read it at all.

I have now received the NtO at the full cost of £70 with a threat of increasing this by 50% if I don't pay or make my 'representations' within 28 days.
I'm thinking the grounds to chose for this should be 'The alleged contravention did not occur' alternatively should it be one of the others?

Thanks again.

+Quote Post
John U.K.
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 10:14
Post #4

Member No.: 70,515

Need to see all sides pf PCN and all sides of all paperwork to and from the Council...

Try this:

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:

Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems. Thera are other sites, such as Flickr (where the BBcodes are concealed behind the curly arrow (click on it) for sharing), which enable you to paste the BBCodes into your post here.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image - beginning with IMG and ending /IMG (include all the square brackets [ ] ), and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.

Redact/obscure name, address, PCN number and reg.mark.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 22 May 2018 - 10:23
Post #5

Member No.: 21,551

OP, your questions take us too far forward, you must start with....the start.

PCN; challenge;their response; NTO; their photos - not more of yours, theirs.

And was the traffic sign on which they rely...is this within the same parking place? GSV and your photos show different road markings: the former shows the parking place ending at the dropped footway, theirs that the parking place continues well beyond- but whether this incorporates the traffic sign is anyone's guess.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 11:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here