Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Appeal Looming
Ian S
post Tue, 5 Oct 2004 - 20:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,728

I wonder if you can help me.

I was zapped doing 43 in a 30ph zone in November 2003. Due to unclear signing I was unaware of the speed limit.
I chose to fight this.
Upon reciept of the police evidence, I was issued with two Statement of Witness. The serial number of the LTI 20/20 was different in both statements. The officer at the Magistrtes Court explained this away as computer generated evidence and chose which one he wanted to use. The Magistrate found in favour of the police and acted, in my opinion, outside of his legal requirement.

My Crown Court date for appeal is looming and wonder if anyone can give me advice on whether I have a case or whether I should drop it before incurring huge court costs. I am fighting this case without legal representation as I cannot afford to pay for a solicitor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start new topic
Replies (80 - 83)
Advertisement
post Tue, 5 Oct 2004 - 20:19
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
matt1133
post Fri, 25 Feb 2005 - 12:29
Post #81

Member No.: 1,017

you may be entitled to legal aid icon_idea.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunarscope
post Fri, 25 Feb 2005 - 15:28
Post #82

Member No.: 628

I very much doubt it.
I was hit with a means-tested £750 fine (max is £1000) so I obviously earn far too much and should be punished for my contribution (in tax) to society. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Blackbird
post Fri, 25 Feb 2005 - 17:31
Post #83

Member No.: 200

Hi
Another piece of 'British Justice'

on Legal Aid
I very much doubt it.
I was hit with a means-tested £750 fine (max is £1000) so I obviously earn far too much and should be punished for my contribution (in tax) to society.

you will never know unless you try ...... I was granted Legal Aid at my trial due to the complexity of the argument ............. my financial status was not questioned .......... and I am not going to explain it here either  :wink:

Best Regards

--------------------

+Quote Post
REG OLIVER
post Thu, 31 Mar 2005 - 11:24
Post #84

Member No.: 2,639

Hi. Stick it out and go on line to read the "ACPO Code of Conduct" (traffic) on the operation of these devious devices. I was hit by a camera van who was parked illegally and in a dangerous position. Had I known then what I know now,no way would I have signed the NIP. Since that time I have hammered at the so called Road Safety Paertnership and have been fed incorrection information and claims which just shows what a load of liars they are. All departments refusing to correspond on the matters raised by me. I am now dealing with the Standards and Complaints Department(Derbyshire) who also refuse any answers and therefore I shall be going to the IPCC with my complaints. Do read the ACPO document (110 pages) which shows how they break their own regulations to obtain convictions. Very interesting around Pages 60 onwards. My father served 34 years on the police but he never used double standards like today. Anyone reading this should also log onto the above web site even if they have not been hit yet as it may save some hassle and you will have something to fight back with. regards Alienated

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 17:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here