Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help me with my NTK appeal please, Threads merged
SchenJen
post Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 18:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,390

Hello all.

On the 9th I received what I believe to be an NTK for overstaying the allotted time in a private car park.

A redacted copy of the NTK has been uploaded to this post.

The driver did not receive a windscreen ticket.

The Google Streetview link for the entrance to the car park is here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5619303,-...3312!8i6656

Pictures of the car park notices have also been uploaded to this post.

I believe this company do not deal with Popla so as far as I can tell from reading posts on here, I should make my appeal directly to the parking company and ignore all future correspondence if and when I receive a county court claim. Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is my draft appeal::

I challenge this PCN as the keeper of the car on these main grounds:
-. A compliant Notice to Keeper was never served - no Keeper Liability can apply.
I'm not sure if this NTK is compliant

-. The operator has not shown that the individual who it is pursuing is in fact the driver who may have been potentially liable for the charge.

-. No evidence of Landowner Authority - the operator is put to strict proof of full compliance with the BPA Code of Practice.

-. The signs in this car park are not prominent, clear or legible from all parking spaces or at the entrance.
The sign at the entrance cannot fully be read by a driver driving in, does this still apply despite there being notices at the entrance?

-. The sum does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss
I think this no longer applies after Beavis.

Very grateful for all assistance.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 40)
Advertisement
post Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 18:30
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
SchenJen
post Mon, 6 Apr 2020 - 22:37
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,390

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 3 Feb 2020 - 08:11) *
Does that letter state your deadline to get documents filed with the court and with the claimant? Often its on the back.

Hi.

I hope you are all safe and well.

I've been really busy with a lot of personal things so apologies for the delay.

The court date is mid May (and the deadline is two weeks before this) so I am preparing my witness statement, will post here for feedback soon.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by SchenJen: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 - 22:38

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 25th May 2020 - 02:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.