Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Europarks PCN appeal rejected, ticket purchased
RDJDMJ558
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 12:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,902

Hello everyone,

I'm slightly dislexic with letters sometimes and i had call to park in Wigan Europarks car park.
Its got cameras that register your numberplate, date and time as you enter.

No problem at all, i needed to park so did.
I walked across the car park to the only machine i could see, put in my money and registration and took my ticket.
The ticket was displayed fully in the windscreen and i took a photograph of the ticket as i always do now.

However when my 'fine' came through, it was realised by myself that i had used all the letters and numbers of my registration and transposed the 2 at the start for the first 2 after the number. I sometimes do this, as i think i'm slightly dislexic (i did it this morning with my post code renewing my insurance actually)

So i paid to park, but the ticket does not match the reg although a fool could see the mix up, and i have a fine and my appeal has been dismissed by europarks.
I tried to re-appeal to them but their system does not allow this.

Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 12:30
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 13:03
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

What was your appeal? Their code of Practise dictates that they should make allowances for transposed digit.

Section 17 https://www.britishparking.co.uk/Code-of-Pr...ance-Monitoring

You should also have got a POPLA code in the rejection letter for a chance of a second appeal

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 13:08
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (RDJDMJ558 @ Tue, 12 May 2020 - 13:30) *
...and i have a fine and my appeal has been dismissed by europarks.

Which as noted may actually be a breach of the Code of Practice they have to follow.

Chancers.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
RDJDMJ558
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 13:13
Post #4

QUOTE (ostell @ Tue, 12 May 2020 - 14:03) *
What was your appeal? Their code of Practise dictates that they should make allowances for transposed digit.

Section 17 https://www.britishparking.co.uk/Code-of-Pr...ance-Monitoring

You should also have got a POPLA code in the rejection letter for a chance of a second appeal

Hi, I received their e mail this morning with a popla code in the letter.

My appeal, was that i had paid for the ticket and displayed it correctly and gave them the ticket number (printed down the side of the ticket) for them to reference.
Never once did i think to check the registration matched until today and couldnt believe the transposing happened.

Now i know it was, i suppose i can re-appeal to them, but they should have picked this up on checking the ticket number, but obviously nothing is that clear cut?

What can you suggest i need to do now, and how do i do it?
Thanks
Dave

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 13:58
Post #5

Member No.: 15,642

You cannto re-appeal to them. You appeal to POPLA
Theyre required to idnetify mis-keying errors. Have you foudn and read the January 2020 CoP yet?

+Quote Post
RDJDMJ558
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 14:43
Post #6

Hi, just done some homework and the BPA members terms do say that if the number inputted is mixed but the same letters / numbers it must be accepted.

So i shall appeal to Popla and report back here accordingly
Cheers
Dave

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 15:07
Post #7

Member No.: 15,642

NOT jus ton that one point
You will use the normal 4000 word POPLA appeal that also challenges landholder authority and their crappy signs.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 16:18
Post #8

I would contact them again to point out the Code of Practice reference - you can clearly show them the ticket and they have the registration mark...

I would ask them why they haven't put checks in place in regards to the CoP.

I presume it's something like AB12 CDE v AB12 CED?

I'd rather avoid a POPLA appeal - as it's work and there's a chance they'll reject anyway.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Tue, 12 May 2020 - 16:19

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
RDJDMJ558
post Tue, 12 May 2020 - 16:34
Post #9

Hi Jlc,

Thanks for that and i'll do that now.

Will let you know how i get on.
Cheers
Dave

+Quote Post
RDJDMJ558
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 14:30
Post #10

Hi everyone,

Thanks to this invaluable site, i appealed to POPLA, (Europarks denied / rejected my appeal)

And got this below, which shows how we can, by using this great forum, learn what to do.
Thanks to you all.
Best regards
Dave

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference 2411330074.

Euro Car Parks - EW have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

ET6116/001

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 15:08
Post #11

QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 12 May 2020 - 14:08) *
Chancers.

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 21:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here