PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Getting a licence back
retrobiker
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 20:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,776

Hi, I'm new to the site and wasn't sure if this question is appropriate for the forum, but without trying I won't find out, so here goes (and apologies if it's an inappropriate place to field the question)

About 15 years ago I was banned from driving for six months. After the ban ended I didn't reclaim my licence (Full motorcycle licence), but continued to ride, and several times got caught and fined. The last time I was fined was about 12 years ago, but I didn't pay the fine. (There's probably a warrant out...).

Since the last time, I have used public transport, but I have recently started a new job some distance from home and could really do with some transport again. I therefore want my licence back.

Will I be able to get my licence back with full motorcycle entitlement or will I need to pass another motorcycle test to get it back? If I can get it back without 'complications', how much will it cost? (apart from the £400 fine that I still have to pay)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give

retrobiker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 20:12
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
crystal
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 20:27
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 4,437

Hi

This page from the DVLA website gtives you the procedures. I would think you would get it back with all entitlements but the DVLa have been known to loose the motocycle bit on occasion.

The best way to find out is to fill the forms and see what happens

Regards
Crystal

+Quote Post
Captain A
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 20:28
Post #3

Member No.: 836

After the ban ended I didn't reclaim my licence (Full motorcycle licence), but continued to ride, and several times got caught and fined.

So you are quite happy (proud?) to ride a motorbike on a public highway with no licence - and hence no insurance - and you expect help and advice?

Either you are taking the pi** or you should be ashamed of yourself, or both.

FWIW - ask the DVLA.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 20:51
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (Captain A @ Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 21:28) *
After the ban ended I didn't reclaim my licence (Full motorcycle licence), but continued to ride, and several times got caught and fined.

So you are quite happy (proud?) to ride a motorbike on a public highway with no licence - and hence no insurance - and you expect help and advice?

FWIW - ask the DVLA.

IIRC, the requirement used to be to either hold a valid licence or to be entitled to do so and not be disqualified from doing so.

A few years ago I regularly used to ride a 500cc m/cycle unsupervised on a privisional entitlement with no 'L' plates. I even made a point of wearing full leathers everytime I went to the police station to produce my licence (for one of my frequent pulls whilst driving a white van).

If you want to have a pop at me, I'll be happy to pass on your comments along with a slightly more detailed explanation to another moderator and determine whether in such circumstances uninformed abuse is appropriate...

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
guzziman
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 21:55
Post #5

Member No.: 2,941

Come on Andy, spill the beans!!

I can't stand the suspense.

Regards

Guzziman

--------------------
stevefroberts

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 22:05
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,624

I'd passed my bike test, but hadn't gotten around to sending off for the full entitlement to be applied to my licence - until they changed the law and drastically reduced the time before the entitlement lapsed.

Was more interested to see who was brave enough to sit in judgment of my apparent motoring indiscretions...

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
retrobiker
post Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 23:16
Post #7

Member No.: 12,776

Thanks for the info, Crystal..

QUOTE (Captain A @ Tue, 10 Jul 2007 - 21:28) *

FWIW - ask the DVLA.

Neither proud nor happy about it - or even remotely ashamed! - quite ambivalent really! But if you look at the chronology, the offences occurred within a three year period twelve years ago. In those twelve years I haven't committed any driving offences whatsoever - have you?

Why do you think that someone asking for advice about 'going legal' after having been 'illegal' quite a while ago is undeserving? What do you have against 'going legal'?

One final question:

Are you sure you should be in a 'Bad Boyz & Girlz' group?

+Quote Post
Captain A
post Wed, 11 Jul 2007 - 04:53
Post #8

Nothing at all, and if you were fully insured whilst driving without a licence, then I apologise.

+Quote Post
Captain A
post Mon, 16 Jul 2007 - 20:19
Post #9

Retrobiker, my apology is still ready and waiting for your confirmation that you were riding whilst fully insured, but so far you have not replied.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 12:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here