PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Wrong Car Park Address
Squirrel71
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,921

Hi all, totally new to this site but after searching through the internet my mind is spinning and I'm hoping you can offer some guidance.

The elderly Driver recently visited a restaurant in a small quiet town late at night and received a PCN for overstaying the 2hrs free parking. The car park is located behind a row of shops and is poorly lit. Why this is enforced at night in a small town that needs the custom is beyond me.

There's a number of issues and I'm wondering which would be the best approach to appeal the charge.

1. The address of the car park on the PCN notice sent to the Driver is wrong, The number/road is right but the town is wrong by 1 letter which would place it in Cumbria rather than the East Midlands. There's no postcode on the letter but this is on the website. The Elderly Driver wouldn't be aware of this and would not have looked.

2. The lighting for the signs is awful and late at night they can be easily missed.

3. I've drafted a letter (yet to be sent) using a free format on 1 of the sites but there seems to be conflicting advice about saying your appealing, putting in 'sent without prejudice' and the angle to take.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Squirrel71: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 18:13
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
kommando
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:51
Post #2

Member No.: 57,558

Date of event ?

Date of issue ?

Why this is enforced at night in a small town that needs the custom is beyond me.

These companies only get income from these speculative invoices, they are not interested in proving a sensible service, only money and if that means the restaurant goes bust so be it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:56
Post #3

Member No.: 15,642

Because parking companies are scum, and probably persuaded the shops they "needed" this service

Are the SIGNS lit at all? if NO then you have an "easy" argument.

1) If they have failed to "specify the location" then there is no keeper liabiltiy. You MUST edit the post - THE DRIVER parked...
2) Lit or Unlit signs?
3) DO NOT use an appeal from a site such as parking cowbpoy etc. MSE foum, Newbies thread OR here for advice (no template here, there is a template on the FORUM newbies thread, NOT the main website) - without predjudice is meaningless,btw, and could hurt you (means noone can show it in court, and you would WANT to show an appeal to court)

BTW that NtK is useless - too small. Host at tinypics. Link here. Does it have the 14 days notice on the back? Was it received (not sent, received) within 14 days?

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 10:09
Post #4

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Squirrel71 @ Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:47) *
The number/road is right but the town is wrong by 1 letter

Whilst there may well be more serious errors elsewhere on the document, a simple typo in the address is unlikely to change anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 10:36
Post #5

Member No.: 60,457

Complain to the restaurant while you are handling PE. Get them to cancel it. Surely it is in their best interest not to have customers rush a meal, or not bother, because of fears of a prking charge.

As Nosferatu says there is important details on the back of PE Notice to Keepers.

The incorrect address is relevant. How can you effectively complain and appeal if the address is somewhere you have never been AND you do not have a computer to look at their website, like the couple in trouble. If they are trying to charge a not insignificant address then they have to get it right.

+Quote Post
Squirrel71
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 17:31
Post #6

Member No.: 95,921

Thanks for all the replies.

Pics amended

Date of event ? =9th Dec 17

Date of issue ? =14th Dec 17

Received on about 20th Dec 17.

It says 'All Appeals must be received within 28 days from the date of the initial correspondence'. I only got it on the Fri 12th Jan from the elderly driver which has left me zero time to action it, Is it true that you only have such a limited time to appeal especially over the holiday period?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Squirrel71: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 18:10

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 08:09
Post #7

Member No.: 15,642

Yes, you only get 28 days to appeal, so youve missed it. Send an appeal anyway to keep them talking. You might get lucky

Who owns the land? If its the shops and the restaurant isn't part of it then a complaint might not get anywhere.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 10:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here