Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Being chased for a 18 month old parking ticket by Bailiffs
Sarah Aitkin
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,593

Dear All,

I must admit I feel very bad asking for advice on here, as when I had a problem I turned to you all, and with your help I successfully removed a MS90 of my record, and since then have contributed nothing, and now when I need help again, I turn to you all for help again. Fir this I apologise.

I have received a letter from the bailiffs on behalf of parking eye saying i have a £140 parking charge to pay.

The alleged offense occurred on 2/11/17, and yesterday(23/4/19) I received a letter from the bailiffs stating date of notice 12/4/19 saying I have to pay £140 by 26/4/19.

It says the reason for issue is over staying in a pick up/drop off area of a hospital.

Now I do take my elderly disabled mother to her hospital appointments, and drop her off, and pick her up again, but for the life of me, I really can't remember this incident, as it was so long ago, and this is the first thing I am hearing about it.

Could you please advise me on what to do.

Is there any way to contest it, or shall I just pay it.

All help, and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Sarah

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:19
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ManxRed
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:23
Post #2

Member No.: 21,992

Bailiffs? Or Debt Collectors? There's a big difference.

Which company?

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Sarah Aitkin
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:31
Post #3

Hi ManxRed,

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting such a quick reply, but appreciate it none the less, and thank you for your help on this matter.

It's from debt recovery plus(these are bailiffs, I assume)

Regards
Sarah

This post has been edited by Sarah Aitkin: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:32

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:44
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Sarah Aitkin @ Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 10:31) *
It's from debt recovery plus(these are bailiffs, I assume)

OMG no. They are powerless debt collectors - ignore them. (Do not be tempted to call them)

But as the matter is past 'appealing' there's little you can do unless they decide to issue a court claim. You could try the hospital but after this time they may not be too helpful.

Some good news is that they tend to use 'debt collectors' for the charges they are less likely to raise a claim for.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Sarah Aitkin
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 09:59
Post #5

Hi Jlc,
biggrin.gif

Lovely to hear from you after all this time, I hope all is well with you. Here to save my bacon.....AGAIN.
xx

Actually i was tempted to call them, but decided to check with the internet to see what I could do, and lo and behold, all roads led to here(although I must admit I didn't realise this forum helped with these matters too, I thought it was just policing matters unsure.gif )

"Some good news is that they tend to use 'debt collectors' for the charges they are less likely to raise a claim for".... Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a debt collector, and a bailiff.

Warmest Regards
Sarah
xxx

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 10:03
Post #6

Member No.: 49,223

There is no debt unless they win a court judgment. Then they could employ bailiffs to collect the CCJ.

Debt collectors work on commission so will say all sorts of things to convince you to pay. They will eventually say they'll recommend court action but it's the last thing they want as they don't get paid...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 11:09
Post #7

Member No.: 21,992

They also won't call at your house, have no court order or anything they can act under or enforce, and will simply send letters. Scary but powerless letters.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 11:14
Post #8

Member No.: 96,238

Bailiffs have official powers from the court to recover unpaid judgments
They can, for example, seize cars or enter properties

Debt collectors have no powers whatsoever
All they can ever do is write letters

DRP charges its clients about 15% commission
It isn't worth the effort to chase you for a tenner so they add typically £50 to £60 for themselves

When they've sent a couple of letters with no response they'll send discount offers, often under one of their trading names

As Sarah A has already written, ParkingEye passes accounts to debt collectors when it doesn't want to take them to court

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 24 Apr 2019 - 13:54
Post #9

Member No.: 60,457

So you dropped off and then picked up. PE's system are probably pairing the frist entrance with the last exit and using that for the timing, forgetting about the exit and entrance in the middle.

Have you got the original ticket?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 01:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here