Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,836

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - May 2019
Date of the NIP: - 46 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 48 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - a13 barking
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 6
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons -

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - No
Was there a valid reason for the NIP's late arrival? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The first NIP to the Registered Keeper must arrive within 14 days unless there is a valid reason why that was not possible, for example a recent change of details.

This link will take you to the advice provided by the RAC's legal team.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:03:39 +0000
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 15:03
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
morrisman
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 15:08
Post #2

Member No.: 14,668

Are you the registered keeper?
Is it a company car?
Was it a rental?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 15:16
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

First things first - dig out your V5C and check the documentation ref date at the bottom of page 2 (in DD MM YY format).

This is when the DVLA updated your record - if the date of the offence was prior to this date than a previous address/keeper would be used.

QUOTE (morrisman @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:08) *
Are you the registered keeper?

OP says so:
QUOTE (aq1 @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:03) *
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
aq1
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 15:19
Post #4

Hi, the car is on lease but i am the registered keeper, all parking tickets and camera fines come directly to me, i have contacted my lease company and they have not received an NIP this looks to be the first letter received last week for a camera flash dating 24/05/19

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 15:39
Post #5

QUOTE (aq1 @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:19) *
Hi, the car is on lease but i am the registered keeper, all parking tickets and camera fines come directly to me, i have contacted my lease company and they have not received an NIP this looks to be the first letter received last week for a camera flash dating 24/05/19

And doc ref date on the V5C?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 15:41
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

Please get out the V5C and check that your name and address shown is correct in every respect and look at the bottom of page 2, find the Doc Ref number, and tell us the date next to it, and the exact date in May of the alleged offence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:09
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (aq1 @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:19) *
Hi, the car is on lease but i am the registered keeper,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that is bollox - or at least it is bollox for the purposes of the NIP.

The good news is that when you manage to dig out your V5C you will be able to check that your name and address are correctly listed on it and tell me what I can do with my limbs. In the meantime...

all parking tickets and camera fines come directly to me,

Presumably after the lease company received a NIP/NtK and named you.

--------------------
Andy

"Whatever the intention of Parliament was, or was not, the law is quite clear." - The Rookie

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:14
Post #8

I guess it depends on what sort of 'lease' it is... But until the V5C has been physically checked I'm keeping my powder dry.

But the driver needs naming regardless. Not doing so is a separate offence not affected by a 'late' NIP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aq1
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 16:55
Post #9

Name and address are correct and date is 14/06/2018 on V5C, date of offence is 24/05/2019

all parking tickets and camera fines come directly to me,

Presumably after the lease company received a NIP/NtK and named you.

Not the case as i got one parking fine in central London that was sent directly to the lease company who then emailed me the correspondence the day after they received it and i have contacted them and thats the only correspondence they have on the file.

Thanks
Guys

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 17:16
Post #10

Haven't you just contradicted yourself?

QUOTE (aq1 @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 17:55) *
all parking tickets and camera fines come directly to me

QUOTE (aq1 @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 17:55) *
...was sent directly to the lease company who then emailed me the correspondence the day after they received it

...but if you have the V5C and the address is 100% correct and these details were held at the DVLA then this doesn't automatically give you a watertight defence.

Something else to check - what was the offence? Speeding? (As some offences are not bound by the 14 day requirement)

In any event, if the NIP was required within 14 days then it is unlikely they simply sent it so late. It's possible this is a 'reminder' (which are not always marked as such) and the first one was 'lost' in the post. However, if the 1st one was sent in a timely manner then it is presumed delivered and you would have to rebut this.

You could also just ring them up and ask why they've sent it late...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logician
post Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 23:20
Post #11

Member No.: 36,528

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 18 Jul 2019 - 18:16) *
In any event, if the NIP was required within 14 days then it is unlikely they simply sent it so late. It's possible this is a 'reminder' (which are not always marked as such) and the first one was 'lost' in the post. However, if the 1st one was sent in a timely manner then it is presumed delivered and you would have to rebut this. You could also just ring them up and ask why they've sent it late...

This is the most likely explanation. We are told that systems now prevent NIPs being sent out late, so genuine late NIP cases are now very rare.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 22nd August 2019 - 21:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.