PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 years and 9 months ago, i has car crash and now i heard that i got three points and fine for careless driving!!!
jayesh
post Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 14:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,496

3 years and 9 months ago, me, my friend and his girlfriend went for drive to take away shop. i was turn right which the traffice light show the greem arrow so i turn, i was like doing 10 mph. then next thing, the car hit me on other side of the road. so three week later since car crash, police has been phone to me that i will have three points for dangerous/careless driving but why? i only turn when the green light show! so police said they will send me letter to fill in and send licence with the form but letter didnt come for over 3 years and 9 months, no letter and no calls! and now my friend told me that he will get compo for injury claim and he said that i will get three points soon? why i wait three years and 9 months for? why they didnt give me points over three years ago? i feel like i want to take it to court because i dont want to take points after 3 years and 9 months since car crash. any adivce? should i speak to solicitor about it? thanks

This post has been edited by jayesh: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 14:15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 14:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 16:57
Post #2

Member No.: 317

There is a lot missing from your story...the Police cannot give you points UNLESS you were given an FPN and didn't decline it (not sure you can get an FPN for careless though)...you may have been summonsed (using the address you gave at the time) which you may have moved from, if you didn't get a summons and were convicted in your absence then you can make a statutory declarartion to get that overturned, bizarrely of course the 3 points you got then have expired for tooting up purposes although a fine will still be payable.

How have you found out you now have 3 points? You need to chase the DVLA to find out which court or mechanism was sued to give you three points, and come back for advice based on that.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
RD400E
post Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 20:36
Post #3

Member No.: 12,023

I'm not sure if this is relevant to motoring law but In my experience as a victim, a Personal injury claim has to be submitted within 3 years of the incident. How is your 'friend' claiming?

+Quote Post
axeman
post Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 23:23
Post #4

Member No.: 11,071

QUOTE (jayesh @ Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 14:07) *
3 years and 9 months ago, me, my friend and his girlfriend went for drive to take away shop. i was turn right which the traffice light show the greem arrow so i turn, i was like doing 10 mph. then next thing, the car hit me on other side of the road. so three week later since car crash, police has been phone to me that i will have three points for dangerous/careless driving but why? i only turn when the green light show! so police said they will send me letter to fill in and send licence with the form but letter didnt come for over 3 years and 9 months, no letter and no calls! and now my friend told me that he will get compo for injury claim and he said that i will get three points soon? why i wait three years and 9 months for? why they didnt give me points over three years ago? i feel like i want to take it to court because i dont want to take points after 3 years and 9 months since car crash. any adivce? should i speak to solicitor about it? thanks

so your friend say's you are to get 3 points, looks like he is a bit of a wind up merchant, some friend hey! (your post is a little confusing but the gist says you did not get a letter from the police) if this is correct then forget it, you aint getting one. tell you friend to go and "£&^!£" off"

--------------------
NOTICE The content of this post and of any replies to it may assist in or relate to the formulation of strategy tactics etcetera in a legal action. This post and any replies to it should therefore be assumed to be legally privileged and therefore must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to outside of the PePiPoo forum on which it was originally posted additionally it must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to by any person or organisation other than a member of PePiPoo appropriately paid up and in full compliance with the PePiPoo terms of use for the forum on which it was originally posted. The PePiPoo terms of use can be found at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=boardrules. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are reading this material in any form other than an on-line HTML resource directly and legitimately accessed via a URL commencing "http://forums.pepipoo.com" then it has been obtained by improper means and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. If the material you are reading does not include this notice then it has been obtained improperly and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. Your attention is drawn to the Written Standards for the Conduct of Professional Work issued by the Bar Standards Board particularly under heading 7, "Documents".

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved" and do not constitute legal advice. Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
jayesh
post Mon, 25 Feb 2008 - 12:05
Post #5

Member No.: 17,496

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 16:57) *
There is a lot missing from your story...the Police cannot give you points UNLESS you were given an FPN and didn't decline it (not sure you can get an FPN for careless though)...you may have been summonsed (using the address you gave at the time) which you may have moved from, if you didn't get a summons and were convicted in your absence then you can make a statutory declarartion to get that overturned, bizarrely of course the 3 points you got then have expired for tooting up purposes although a fine will still be payable.

How have you found out you now have 3 points? You need to chase the DVLA to find out which court or mechanism was sued to give you three points, and come back for advice based on that.

Simon

they didnt give me anything, no FPN and no letter, just one phone call that police say i will get points and fine and they said they send me a letter in 14 day but its didnt come for 3 years and 8 month!

QUOTE (RD400E @ Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 20:36) *
I'm not sure if this is relevant to motoring law but In my experience as a victim, a Personal injury claim has to be submitted within 3 years of the incident. How is your 'friend' claiming?

she not my friend, she is my mate's girlfriend and she hate my guts! she let the offer down because she want MORE claiming! otherwise she will take it to court!

QUOTE (axeman @ Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 23:23) *
QUOTE (jayesh @ Sat, 23 Feb 2008 - 14:07) *

so your friend say's you are to get 3 points, looks like he is a bit of a wind up merchant, some friend hey! (your post is a little confusing but the gist says you did not get a letter from the police) if this is correct then forget it, you aint getting one. tell you friend to go and "£&^!£" off"

sorry about my post, i got spelling and grammar problem. she told me i will get 3 points but i not heard anything from police or my lawyer! she is a baitch!!

thanks for information and i will let you know what happen

This post has been edited by jayesh: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 - 12:07

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 25 Feb 2008 - 14:14
Post #6

Member No.: 317

In that case it sounds like a summons was sent to an address (possibly the vehicle owner?) due to your continued non attandance at court you have been convicted in your absence, you need to find out which court awarded these points and make a statutory declaration to the effect you never recieved the summons, the conviction should be set aside, and as they can't prosecute you more than three years after the event, they can't then prosecute!

No point adding insults to others, it won't help you and clouds the issue for us!

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
jobo
post Mon, 25 Feb 2008 - 15:10
Post #7

Member No.: 16,521

I don’t know if its your grammar, but there are substantial contradictions in your story, in your first post its your friend that said you’ll get points, in last posted, its not him but his girl friend that said you’ll get points. Is it a wind up ? if so please give over as people are busy

Give us a chance and write things down in the order they happened

When was the police phone call ( how long after incident)

What did they say

Have you moved house in the mean time ( how long after incident)

Who told you were going to get points

How did they know this

Is some body making a claim against your insurance if so who and when did they first claim

--------------------
jobo

anyone but Murray, Wish granted for another year,

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 9th December 2019 - 21:14
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.