PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Charge Notices after unknown V5 delivered
vannus
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 12:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,266

We had a V5 document delivered to our address that wasn't ours so we returned it to DVLA unopened and marked as not at this address and didn't think anymore of it.
That was until we started to receive letters for the person that was named on the V5. We just returned them as not at this address but we got a couple more so as they were addressed to our address wo opened them to see what they were and discovered they were pcn's from private companies. We subsequently found out we had to write to dvla to get them to remove the vehicle from our address which we have now done but obviously the previous tickets for this vehicle are still being pursued.
Now the letters are addressed to someone else who has never lived at our address and we have never owned the car in question. The latest letter is from trace debt recovery threatening county court. How can i prove i have never owned a car iv'e never owned or do i just ignore them. I do now have a letter from DVLA stating that they have removed my address but confirming this address was used on the application.
Help please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 12:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
BillG
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 12:56
Post #2

Member No.: 47,328

I had that once with Total Parking Solutions, threatening court action for a car I didnt own (or rather, no longer owned). I told them I didnt own the car and had never been in any of the locations which I was supposed to have infringed and therefore had never entered into any contract with them. I didnt hear any more.

+Quote Post
vannus
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 12:59
Post #3

Tried telling one of the companies and there response can you prove you have never owned the car, my response was how can i prove i have never owned something. They didn't seem to want to understand that.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 13:14
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

But the name of the addressee is nothing to do with you?

This post has been edited by Jlc: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 13:15

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
vannus
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 13:43
Post #5

yes that's correct my address but wrong name, think someone just picked an address at random and used it, although i shouldn't get any more now as dvla have deleted it from their system.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 14:03
Post #6

Member No.: 96,238

QUOTE (vannus @ Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 13:59) *
Tried telling one of the companies and there response can you prove you have never owned the car, my response was how can i prove i have never owned something. They didn't seem to want to understand that.

Dear Sir

Ref ****

I note your insulting response to my letter dated **** that informed you that (name) has never lived at this address and that I have never had any connection to this vehicle
I am not used to having my integrity questioned

I provided this information as a courtesy and in good faith; if the DVLA provided your client with the wrong address, that is not my problem
It has informed me that the error has been corrected

For the avoidance of doubt:

1 I have never been the registered keeper of the vehicle
2 I have never hired, driven or been a passenger in it
3 I have never visited the location of the alleged parking event
4 I have never had any connection with either the vehicle or (name)
5 Your client has never sent me a Parking Notice

I don't have to prove anything and refer you to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997

Yours Faithfully

There's either an innocent or a sinister reason that the car is registered to your address

Innocent : Trivial mistake with the address and likely to be a local car
Sinister : Somebody doesn't want the authorities to know the address. Check with the DVLA if it has tax/MOT and with Askmid if it's insured

+Quote Post
vannus
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 14:18
Post #7

thx checked already vehicle is showing taxed mot'd and insured.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here