Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Notice to owner - Parking without resident permit
everypennyhelpss
post Wed, 18 Jul 2018 - 22:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,349

Hello all, hope everyone is well..

Firstly just want to say thank you to everyone who helped me with this issue last time.

The guys who helped me out told me to wait for a new order for recovery, where I requested new notice to owners which have come through (they didn't send official ones last time)

Just to re-iterate what happened.

The place I parked is permit holders only. It is right outside the block of flats I live in, the permit is for anyone who lives on the road as we have a rugby stadium nearby and this is to stop spectators parking here.

For the past 10-15 years they have regulated this road differently, and in the last 5 years only on match days, they would block a lane and stick 1 or 2 members of staff from the stadium to monitor the road.

The only way to access the estate would be to show either a permit, or the address on the driving license.

When I started driving 5 years ago, I tried to apply for a parking permit but was unable to do so. The website would say that no permits are available for my address.

Naturally, I assumed they'd stopped regulating my road (through my experiences) which also explained why I couldn't get a permit. And for the past 5 years, they stopped even blocking the roads on match days.

I've been parking here without a permit ever since, until I received this fine in February time. Straight away, I tried to apply for a permit and it had the same error.

Naively, I forgot I received a fine and I parked there again all week (I would've had to park 20-30 minutes walk away from home otherwise).

I was able to park without issue till Saturday, when I received another fine.

I appealed both, noting that their website doesn't work. The council office is closed on weekends, and I can't use a phone at work so I'm not able to call them during their hours. I told them in the appeal that I've sent emails inquiring about getting a permit, but they were unanswered.

I also told them about the website errors, and gave them screenshots and even recorded a video of me entering my post code and receiving the error. Sent them pictures of my license which prove I'm a resident.

They replied to my appeal, in an almost scripted fashion. Their reply was a wordy way of essentially saying sorry, but we won't be cancelling this fine.

No attention to anything in my appeal, no attention to the screenshots of their websites failure. They didn't even bother telling me how to apply for a permit, or where I was going wrong.

Would really appreciate any kind of help with the notice to owner appeal! Apologies for the wordiness and length of the above.

Please find below the parking permit error on their website.

And all pages of the notice to owner (the other one is exactly the same, if you guys do need it please let me know).

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

Cheers

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Wed, 18 Jul 2018 - 22:57
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 19 Jul 2018 - 19:45
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

You need to show us both your informal representations, and their response.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
everypennyhelpss
post Mon, 23 Jul 2018 - 19:24
Post #3

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Thu, 19 Jul 2018 - 20:45) *
You need to show us both your informal representations, and their response.

Hi cp, apologies, I've searched everywhere in my email but unable to find their response. I sent my representations using a form on their website so I'm unable to find that as well

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Mon, 23 Jul 2018 - 21:14
Post #4

Member No.: 21,551

OP, can we please just deal with the PCNs and put the backstory to one side.

We’ve not seen photos, so we’re in the dark.

You don’t have a permit, but parked where one was required.

Your defence is that you should be entitled to a permit.

+Quote Post
lashes1984
post Tue, 24 Jul 2018 - 20:36
Post #5

Member No.: 91,884

Related to this post:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...19512&st=20

+Quote Post
everypennyhelpss
post Fri, 27 Jul 2018 - 06:58
Post #6

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 23 Jul 2018 - 22:14) *
OP, can we please just deal with the PCNs and put the backstory to one side.

We’ve not seen photos, so we’re in the dark.

You don’t have a permit, but parked where one was required.

Your defence is that you should be entitled to a permit.

Lol I don’t know how else to explain the situation without the back story.
But yes, I should be entitled to a permit.

TL:DR I have tried to apply for one, it didn’t work. Due to none or limited regulation for 5-10 years I assumed the website outputted ‘no permits available for your address’ because they’d stopped regulating.

Then I get a fine one day. Now I can’t park outside my home and I have to stay at my mothers on weekends, or park my car 20-30 mins walk away which is unacceptable.

I don’t have pictures of my informal rep, but the line of argument was the above. I also want to dispute the fact that I appealed 2 fines for this, and the council responded generically. Despite sending them proof of my entitlement to park, they paid no attention in their appeal rejection, to the issue that I am unable to acquire a permit as their website is broken. I expected them to at least address this so I know the reason I haven’t got a permit is my fault or theirs. I would’ve paid after informal if they said the websites not broken and it’s my own fault. (Or at least instruct me on how to get one) But their generic template-like response with no context, is the reason why I haven’t given in and paid.

+Quote Post
everypennyhelpss
post Fri, 27 Jul 2018 - 23:12
Post #7

Only a couple more days left for me. Will probably write up my appeal soon so any helpful tips would be much appreciated!!

+Quote Post
everypennyhelpss
post Sun, 29 Jul 2018 - 20:42
Post #8

Bump

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th October 2018 - 17:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.