Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,220

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - February 2018
Date of the NIP: - 25 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 28 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A449 Llantrisant 1
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Driving 80mph in a 70mph. Caught by a parked police van.

V5c is still registered at my old address but luckily I know the guy who lives there and he rang me and I picked it up in time before incurred extra fine.
However, today I have received another NIP to my current address for a separate incident on the same day journey;
South Yorkshire Police
15/02/18
79mph in variable speed limit 60mph.

The South Wales offense is being processed. I spoke to their office over the phone and they said that I was eligible for a SAC. Just waiting for the letter to arrive.
But now this new NIP has come for an offense that occurred on the same day what should I expect? Obviously fearing the worst.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Wales

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The law requires you to provide the information requested in the Section 172 notice within the 28 day period, naming yourself as the driver. If you are considering obtaining formal legal advice, do so before returning the notice.

You should note that there is nothing to be gained by responding any earlier than you have to at any stage of the process. You are likely to receive a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) and further reminder(s). If you want to continue the fight, you should ignore all correspondence from the police until you receive a summons. You need to understand from the outset that while you will receive much help and support from members on the forums, you will need to put time and effort into fighting your case and ultimately be prepared to stand up in court to defend yourself.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 12:14:49 +0000
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Advertisement
post Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 12:14
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 12:42
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

A fixed penalty of 3 points £100.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Tom89
post Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 13:52
Post #3

QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 12:42) *

Thanks for the reply. Just to check... do you think it will affect my eligibility to go on the SAC for the first offence?

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 13:54
Post #4

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Tom89 @ Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 13:52) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 12:42) *

Thanks for the reply. Just to check... do you think it will affect my eligibility to go on the SAC for the first offence?

Points on DL are not part of SAC criteria.

All that matters is alleged speed and not having done same course in last 3 years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 14:10
Post #5

Member No.: 52,178

QUOTE (Tom89 @ Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 12:14) *
V5c is still registered at my old address

I hope you are now taking steps to rectify this.

+Quote Post
Dwaynedouglas
post Mon, 26 Mar 2018 - 07:06
Post #6

Member No.: 88,346

FYI OP, You must update your vehicle log book (V5C) if you change your address or name. It’s normally free to update it.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-address-v5c

--------------------
I'm not a lawyer or legally trained, my opinion is based on my experience - follow at your own risk.

+Quote Post
Tom89
post Mon, 26 Mar 2018 - 23:36
Post #7

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 15:10) *

QUOTE (Dwaynedouglas @ Mon, 26 Mar 2018 - 08:06) *

FYI OP, You must update your vehicle log book (V5C) if you change your address or name. It’s normally free to update it.

Yes V5c is being processed now. Thanks for the info.

+Quote Post
Tom89
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 00:39
Post #8

Wondered if anyone could give me some information with regards to deadlines for payment. I want to delay paying my £100 fine for a few weeks until I have more cash available.

I received my NIP on the 25th of March and I have 14 days to respond. So if send it back owning up to speeding next Tuesday (6th) they should receive it before the deadline of 14days. On receiving my FPN will I get another deadline of 14 days to pay or does it all have to done within the 14days of receiving the original NIP?

Sorry if I've not explained myself properly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best,
T

+Quote Post
BertB
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 04:10
Post #9

Member No.: 51,087

Does your notice state you have to respond within 14 days? Usual period to respond to an S.172 request for driver details is 28 days from receipt deemed to be 2 days after date of posting. Unless its a reminder, but then they tend to be 7 days and are not always sent.

A CoFP would then be received anywhere between a week and three weeks after nomination and also carry a 28 day requirement for receipt of payment AND licence.

Just to clear up the above, what is the date of offence and what is the allegation? Depending on speed and whether you have completed one in the last 3 years, a speed awareness course may be a possibility. Although that is still going to set you back a similar amount.

+Quote Post
NeverMind
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 06:56
Post #10

Member No.: 50,387

Before everyone wastes their time, is this related to your other thread?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=119452&hl=

+Quote Post
Dwaynedouglas
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 07:03
Post #11

Member No.: 88,346

QUOTE (Tom89 @ Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 00:36) *
QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Sat, 24 Mar 2018 - 15:10) *

QUOTE (Dwaynedouglas @ Mon, 26 Mar 2018 - 08:06) *

Yes V5c is being processed now. Thanks for the info.

No problem - you'd be surprised how many people we see on the board who cause problems by failing to do so!

This post has been edited by Dwaynedouglas: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 13:58

--------------------
I'm not a lawyer or legally trained, my opinion is based on my experience - follow at your own risk.

+Quote Post
Tom89
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 08:30
Post #12

QUOTE (BertB @ Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 05:10) *
Does your notice state you have to respond within 14 days? Usual period to respond to an S.172 request for driver details is 28 days from receipt deemed to be 2 days after date of posting. Unless its a reminder, but then they tend to be 7 days and are not always sent.

A CoFP would then be received anywhere between a week and three weeks after nomination and also carry a 28 day requirement for receipt of payment AND licence.

Just to clear up the above, what is the date of offence and what is the allegation? Depending on speed and whether you have completed one in the last 3 years, a speed awareness course may be a possibility. Although that is still going to set you back a similar amount.

Date of offence - 15th of Feb. PIN Sent to the wrong address eventually caught up with me this Sunday (I assume through the insurance) and it says 14days to reply.
Speed awarenwas isn't possible because. I'm already taking one for another offence which happened on the same day! I had a busy day 😔

QUOTE (NeverMind @ Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 07:56) *
Before everyone wastes their time, is this related to your other thread?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=119452&hl=

Yes thank you for merging. I'm new to forums.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 08:38
Post #13

Member No.: 49,223

As above, the CoFP will give 28 days to comply. It's worth complying with as it's the cheapest offer you'll get.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 09:19
Post #14

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Tom89 @ Tue, 27 Mar 2018 - 09:30) *
PIN Sent to the wrong address eventually caught up with me this Sunday (I assume through the insurance) and it says 14days to reply.

The law provides you with 28 days, although given the fact the delay was due to you probably having committed the separate criminal offence of failing to keep the RK address up to date, it's probably not worth arguing over.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 17:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here