PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Highview Parking in Tesco Hull x2, How to fight these?
ASON-UNIQUE
post Fri, 25 May 2018 - 09:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,111

Hello. The registered keeper of this vehicle who is me was sent 2 PCN's by post from Highview.

PCN no.1 - Date of alleged offence 4/4/18
date of notice 3/5/18

PCN no.2 - Date of alleged offence 21/4/18
date of notice 16/5/18

Both of these have been sent well after 14 days have passed from the offence as you can see. Can anyone advise me if I am right in thinking they should now be cancelled? Many thanks.

This post has been edited by ASON-UNIQUE: Fri, 25 May 2018 - 09:44
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Fri, 25 May 2018 - 09:43
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 25 May 2018 - 10:00
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (ASON-UNIQUE @ Fri, 25 May 2018 - 10:43) *
Can anyone advise me if I am right in thinking they should now be cancelled?

Assuming you are the Registered Keeper, being outwith the 14 days doesn't strictly invalidate them. However, it means they cannot utilise the Protections of Freedoms Act for 'keeper liability'. They can pursue the driver still, but they don't know who that was...

Therefore, you simply appeal to them that as they have not complied with PoFA to hold the keeper liable and you have no liability. Should they be daft and try and continue POPLA will uphold such appeals.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 25 May 2018 - 10:28
Post #3

Member No.: 15,642

JLC - we havent established if there were any NtDs..

OP - were any notices placed on the vehicle on the day? Simple yes or no

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 25 May 2018 - 12:33
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

Sure, Highview usually only ANPR.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Tue, 29 May 2018 - 00:39
Post #5

Member No.: 32,130

Easy as pie, no thread needed, just send (online as keeper) the template from the MSE sticky, and Highview WILL cancel:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...d.php?t=4816822

Please don't post the template appeal here asking 'can I check is it this one?' No, there is only one appeal, and we don't need it copied here.

And no 'but there were signs up so I don't think it applies.' Yes, it does - a subliminal message tells Highview the appellant is in a forum and will win, so there is no point them continuing.

Obviously if Highview write begging to know who the driver was, you KNOW what NOT to do.

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Tue, 29 May 2018 - 00:40

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here