PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DISGUSTING PARKING EYE, Constant Abuse
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 09:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,655

Parking Eye took charge of the car park of the local gym, health centre and swimming pool a few months back. Since then I have received between 20 and 30 parking notices demanding payment. Each of these notices was incorrect and I appealed and they were cancelled. The stress and time wasted doing this has really done my head in. I have been fighting stage four cancer and have a blue badge. I always park correctly display my blue badge and enter my registration. Why do they keep sending the Parking notices? Is it a sinister scam in which they send out to everyone in the hope that some people just pay because they are afraid? I now have three more notices. Two are from are for a 20 minute drop-off when I was clearly parked in a nearby 3-hour space!! Now I did park in the 20-minute space on one occasion and overstayed by 29 minutes. I appealed because of mitigating circumstances. I went to the health centre to weigh myself and met a friend of mine and her young son. She was in tears and distraught because her father had just died of mouth cancer. I am a trustee at a local cancer group so I supported her. I stayed with her and her son before taking them to visit her new father's grave before dropping them off at home. She was in tears all the way. I appealed on the grounds of compassion but Parking Eye just want money. I am NEVER going to pay this scumbag company. I will seek legal advice with regards to suing them for constant parking notices when I parked correctly. I have already contacted my local MP and am considering contacting the media too. This **** is not doing my poor health any good. I am alone with my nine-year old son and may well cancel his swimming lessons because of the bombardment by Parking Eye. Thoughts and HELP please
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 09:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 09:39
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Contact the people at the centre and demand that your registration number is put on PE's whitelist for that location.

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 09:50
Post #3

Thanks Ostell, I will do that.

+Quote Post
mdann52
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 09:53
Post #4

Member No.: 86,499

QUOTE (City Syd @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 09:25) *
Is it a sinister scam in which they send out to everyone in the hope that some people just pay because they are afraid?

yes, pretty much

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:02
Post #5

If I threaten them with the media and legal action do you think they will back down? Also, I am going to contact the owners of the land too!

+Quote Post
mdann52
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:12
Post #6

Member No.: 86,499

QUOTE (City Syd @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:02) *
If I threaten them with the media and legal action do you think they will back down? Also, I am going to contact the owners of the land too!

Contacting the land owners is more likely than threatening media (as they have plenty of this!) or legal action. The land owners, as mentioned before, have the power to stop PE from pursuing you through the courts, and get them to white-list your VRM which should resolve the issue. Make sure you emphasis you've been a loyal customer, and be prepared for management to not fully understand how to do it and have to refer it up!

+Quote Post
kommando
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:16
Post #7

Member No.: 57,558

If I threaten them with the media and legal action do you think they will back down?

No, PE must get 100's of these threats a day so its like water off a duck.

Also, I am going to contact the owners of the land too!

PE use ANPR camera's only, no foot soldiers on the ground, so they never see the blue badge just the numberplate and so cannot collect any info which they can use to make allowances for disabled people as required by the disability act. So one angle is threaten take action against the landowner (they are ultimately responsible for compliance with the disability act and it is they or their managing agents who have employed PE and are responsible for their actions) who has by employing PE and ANPR made it impossible for the parking times to be increased taking into account people's disabilities. At the very least you should be added to the 'Whitelist' of exempt cars, if that does not happen you can take it further. This does depend on your disability requiring extra time however, if not then it will not work.

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:32
Post #8

Thanks Kommando,

I will contact the owner. That seems the best way forward. Plus my MP.

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:57
Post #9

I have contacted the company who own the land and the person dealing with it will call me back. I will keep you all updated. Thanks for all your help.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 11:14
Post #10

Member No.: 49,223

What are the notices being issued for? (Overstaying free time, not registering number plate, not paying etc.?)

...and why are they cancelled?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 15:34
Post #11

Almost everytime I parked in a disabled space I would receive a notice even though I displayed my blue badge. Occasionally I had forgotten to register my registration number and Parking Eye cancelled the notice. However, most of the notices were for overstaying in a 20-minute drop off zone when in fact the space was not a drop off zone but in fact a 3-hour disabled space.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 15:36
Post #12

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (City Syd @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 10:32) *
Plus my MP.

What do you expect your MP to do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 16:03
Post #13

I have already spoken with him and he has complained to the owners of the land explaining that many of his constituents are receiving parking notices when in fact they have not parked incorrectly. He will once again pressure the owners of the land regarding my situation. I know Parking Eye are used to getting 100s of nasty letters a day and don't care. However, if they are getting bad feedback from their clients regarding a complaint from the local MP about the constant stream of faulty parking notices then they have to care and respond. Well, that is what I am hoping for.

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 16:06
Post #14

Member No.: 78,368

I agree with you getting in touch with your MP. The more MP`s that know of these PPC methods the better.
I know it depends on each MP if they take it up and hopefully support the private members bill coming up.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 16:27
Post #15

Member No.: 96,238

As another option, could up the ante

Cease and Desist letters to ParkingEye and the Land-owner giving them 14 days to cancel all Parking Notices and confirm that the vehicle has been white-listed :

Obtaining details from the DVLA without reasonable cause
Breaches of the Equality Act
Harassment

If the demand is ignored or refused, follow up with a Letter Before Claim seeking damages for the above reasons
An amount in the region of £300 wouldn't be excessive and ParkingEye might prefer to settle it rather than risk a court decision

+Quote Post
City Syd
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 17:31
Post #16

Thanks. I will speak with the land-owner tomorrow and then decide

+Quote Post
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:13
Post #17

Member No.: 95,634

QUOTE (City Syd @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 15:34) *
Almost everytime I parked in a disabled space I would receive a notice even though I displayed my blue badge. Occasionally I had forgotten to register my registration number and Parking Eye cancelled the notice. However, most of the notices were for overstaying in a 20-minute drop off zone when in fact the space was not a drop off zone but in fact a 3-hour disabled space.

sue them for nuisance.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:35
Post #18

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (4101 @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:13) *
sue them for nuisance.

Que?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:38
Post #19

Member No.: 49,223

As the parking is controlled by ANPR cameras they have no idea a BB is displayed.

...but from what I can gather the disabled bay is being enforced at 20 minutes instead of 3 hours?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:38
Post #20

Member No.: 95,634

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:35) *
QUOTE (4101 @ Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 18:13) *
sue them for nuisance.

Que?

If its not nuisance, then for psychological harm caused by negligence. Worth a go.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 11:01
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here