PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speeding/Criminal Case Success Stories!
firefly
post Fri, 20 Aug 2004 - 23:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

I am trying to build a library of all the PePiPoo cases that have had happy endings, be it written confirmation or timed out.

Can all users post the link to their (or any other cases they know about) threads so a database can be made up. Once I have a list I will edit this post and update it as and when required.

Not that we get them that often, but when the trolls appear on the site and start having a go, it would be nice to point them in the direction of people who have "had a go" and came out unscathed.

Cheers.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
31 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Aug 2004 - 23:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cjm99
post Fri, 20 Aug 2004 - 23:56
Post #2

Member No.: 675

five years ago, whilst passing through a very small hamlet (40 mph) in Yorkshire. I was stopped by two police officers, one with a hand held radar gun, which showed, correctly, 57 mph..

The signage on entry to the hamlet, from a NSL, was missing on the left of the road, and obstructed by foliage on the right. I took photo's etc.

At pre trial review in Barnsley, Utterly nieve as I was then!!! I showed the photo's. and the case collapsed. I asked for £64.00 costs, which were accepted. (I was thinking clearly, if not niaeve)

So, I am one up! ........ I hope on the 28 Oct to be Two up?

Chris

--------------------

+Quote Post
bulletmagnet
post Sat, 21 Aug 2004 - 06:43
Post #3

Member No.: 207

I have managed to time out 5 tickets fron Devon and Cornwall (3 for myself and 2 for friends).

At that time you could engage the scamera unit in correspondance and i honestly believe they never new about the 6 month rule biggrin.gif .

I'm currently helping another work colleague and he has just received a reply from Bedfordshire Police, the reply can be seen in the Bad Boyz and Girlz section.

+Quote Post
WTF
post Sat, 21 Aug 2004 - 07:24
Post #4

Member No.: 359

Alledged Speeding 58 in a 40

Met Police

Yorke compliant + request to CC for an Officer to interview me under PACE.

Result: Timeout

Sean

--------------------
Points on License: 0

Bad Boy - and proud of it
Fought : 6
Won : 5 (to be fair - 3 were away games)
Lost : 1 (away game)

Games Abandoned (my side folded rather than proceed to trial - all away games) : 2

Home game in progress : 0
Away Games in Progress: 0

NOTICE The content of this post and of any replies to it may assist in or relate to the formulation of strategy tactics etcetera in a legal action. This post and any replies to it should therefore be assumed to be legally privileged and therefore must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to outside of the PePiPoo forum on which it was originally posted additionally it must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to by any person or organisation other than a member of PePiPoo appropriately paid up and in full compliance with the PePiPoo terms of use for the forum on which it was originally posted. The PePiPoo terms of use can be found at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=boardrules. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are reading this material in any form other than an on-line HTML resource directly and legitimately accessed via a URL commencing "http://forums.pepipoo.com" then it has been obtained by improper means and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. If the material you are reading does not include this notice then it has been obtained improperly and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. Your attention is drawn to the Written Standards for the Conduct of Professional Work issued by the Bar Standards Board particularly under heading 7, "Documents".

+Quote Post
Patch
post Sat, 21 Aug 2004 - 16:09
Post #5

Member No.: 930

Speeding Gatso 37 in a 30, Yorke compliant speeding only (pre Idris appeal). Convicted at Magistrates Court, they ruled that I had "confessed through Mrs Patch" as she had completed the form as my agent.

Appealed to Crown Court, appeal not contested at the 11th hour. Full expenses awarded, apart from travel costs in all personal cost was £350 but it was great fun

Many thanks to JJ for winning the case on my behalf.

+Quote Post
Ker-ching
post Sat, 21 Aug 2004 - 22:48
Post #6

Member No.: 420

Firefly

My S172 case discontinued:

[forum link]

Good luck on your project.

+Quote Post
nigeldunne64
post Sun, 22 Aug 2004 - 12:09
Post #7

Member No.: 353

My car clocked at an alleged 103mph by Devon and Cornwall. Went the unsigned route pre-Francis, case timed out a year ago. Since then assisted on 23 other cases with to date no convictions. Currently dealing with 5 others and one has now got a summons - but don't worry Rockdog its not over yet!!!!!

--------------------
Safe driving is no accident

+Quote Post
mcderyl
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 12:14
Post #8

Member No.: 641

Alledged 42 in a 30mph. Derbyshire Constabulary sad.gif

Went unsigned route (pre Idris). icon_twisted.gif

NIP returned with request to sign. rolleyes.gif

Declined request without returning NIP. icon_twisted.gif

Had at least 3 visits from officers seeking a confession. Fortunately on each occasion I was out. biggrin.gif

RESULT: Timeout icon_wink.gif

--------------------
Cheers,

MC Deryl

+Quote Post
fairygothmother
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 13:02
Post #9

Member No.: 1,059

Alledged 88 in a 70 (motorway), M4, S Wales.

Requested copy of photos to identify driver, duly sent.

Filled in and returned NIP.

Ignored offer of fixed penalty.

No reminders or further correspondence.

Result:
TIMEOUT.

Rach xx

[forum link]

+Quote Post
FastShow
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 13:37
Post #10

Member No.: 455

Alleged 102mph in 70. Unsigned form sent back, pre-Idris, non-Yorke compliant.

Many bluff and bluster letters, eventually received summons for speeding only. Represented by JJ, case thrown out due to lack of evidence, S172 charge had timed out by the time it got to trial. Cambridgeshire Constabulary did admittedly cock-up by stating that no NIP had ever been returned, which was blatantly false.

The other case below was a friend's. Unsigned form to South Wales, many B&B letters, a couple of PePiPoo letters sent back, eventual written confirmation that no charges would be brought.

+Quote Post
Scameravictim114...
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 13:42
Post #11

Member No.: 1,006

Herts Constabulary. Alleged 40 in 30 (GATSO camera). Paragraph 4 defence used, constabulary declined to release photograph (seems to be standard operating procedure in Herts from what I gather).

Result: Timeout.

+Quote Post
keycare
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 15:23
Post #12

Member No.: 365

My wife received 2 NIPS for motorway offences. Both were beyond the 14 day rule (by about 3 months) both were dropped after this was pointed out to the police.

My sister-in-law accidently named me as a driver of an alleged offence on the A48 near Camarthen (she honestly believed that the place mentioned in the NIP was in Cardiff). The police sent me a NIP so I decided to play bluff and bluster with them until the original offence timed out.

So I am won 3 lost 1 (lost my own case unfortunately icon_redface.gif )

+Quote Post
Phil
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 15:24
Post #13

Member No.: 1,097

A colleage at previous employer, ~a year ago, was sent NIP - alledgedly too fast on M6 during roadworks - Wolverhampton > Coventry.
Encouraged by 'RD', another employee who 1st put me on to this site, he sent the NIP back, unsigned, via recorded delivery.
His unsigned NIP was returned, with a compliments slip, and the unsigned part highlighted - not via recorded delivery.
Months after I left the employer, he had still heard nothing, nearly a year after alledged incident.

Another employee was in the same boat, taking advice from RD who was taking advice from 'Pepipoo'. Don't know the outcome.

No written confirmation. Seems case has timed out.

Phil.

+Quote Post
keycare
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 15:25
Post #14

Member No.: 365

Just remembered that I also got my mum off a speeding charge when I pointed out that they got the location wrong. The NIP alleged that she broke a 30mph speed limit on a road that is actually NSL.

+Quote Post
DW190
post Mon, 23 Aug 2004 - 15:33
Post #15

Member No.: 436

August 2003 35 in 30 Lancashire
Sept received own NIP returned unsigned received B & B and form back asked were in law, All the Broomfield crap. sent pace letter asking for a visit from one of Lancashires finest coupled with complaint to CC advising his authorised officer in the ticket office required some training in law.

All went quite. After seven months I asked why they had not complied with their side of the contract as I had not received summons and asked if they had any vacancies in the CTO for someone with good knowledge. Letter received "No further action".

--------------------
DW190

BLUNT PENCILS ARE MORE RELIABLE THAN SHARP MEMORIES

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||
|www.PePiPoo.com_||'""|""\_____
|_________________||__ |__|____|)
|(@) |(@)""**|(@)(@)**|(@)|(@)

Frequently Asked Questions

+Quote Post
DJBlu
post Thu, 26 Aug 2004 - 00:04
Post #16

Member No.: 1,405

I have put this elsewhere but I have been informed it may sound like a success.

I was caught at 108mph on the M4. Dry clear day.

Went to the Magistrates, explained how I could be sent anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat with the job that I do and that I need my license for the duties I would carry out. She explained that she will have to give me a disqualification but under the circumstances would give me the lowest possible within the guidelines which was 14 days. She threw in a 400 quid fine + costs but no points on my license.

+Quote Post
Lance
post Thu, 26 Aug 2004 - 11:07
Post #17

Member No.: 843

FF,
See Case withdrawn!
And thanks for your help and support too.

One other case a few years ago: overtook somebody on a country road who got the hump and reported overtaking in a dangerous place to the police. Charged with driving in a crazy way, or whatever. I had a number of witnesses prepared to state the contrary, and considered calling a policeman who overtook me in the same place another day as a witness. My solicitor contacted the CPS, saying 1 man against 3, and the matter was dropped.

Lance

PS http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...indpost&p=18351 for DJBlu's result above

+Quote Post
Michael748
post Thu, 26 Aug 2004 - 14:20
Post #18

Member No.: 1,371

Alledged 46 in a 30mph. Hertfordshire Constabulary

Went unsigned route (pre Idris).

NIP returned with request to sign.

Declined request via an unsigned typed reply ( giving details only of registered keeper) from the wife ...as I was currently "away on business"

No visits from the plod.

RESULT: Timeout

however, Herts scameraship are refusing to close-out the case and confirm time-out.....so presumably this just stays on record...and next time i get stopped by the police i'll be bullied for a still-open speeding offence.

+Quote Post
ELz
post Thu, 26 Aug 2004 - 18:30
Post #19

Member No.: 1,482

Well there was my mates case where Suffolk Constabulary didn't pay the postage on the NIP. We wrote back to tell them it wasn't valid and they dropped the case.

details here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=2462

That's a SP30 3pts and 60 quid saved.

--
ELz

+Quote Post
Ken Stabler
post Thu, 26 Aug 2004 - 20:11
Post #20

Member No.: 1,379

QUOTE (Talion)
ff dont forget all those who have had reduced points/fine I would call that a success also.

I have recently been informed by a friend that she was pulled over by a BiB for speeding and issued with a NIP. However, when she made it apparent that she'd fight it, they offered to give her the points with no fine icon_eek.gif According to her, the reason they gave was because they were hidden from the view of traffic.

Why would they do this :? Can they do this icon_question.gif

She intends to take the offer as she currently has a clean license.

I don't know the full details, so I'll try and get her to register and post in full.

Dave

+Quote Post

31 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:49
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here