PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A new Code of Practice - Sir Greg Knight MP - private members bill, Threads merged
The Cab Driver
post Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 17:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,854

Sir Greg Knight MP has put forward a private members bill to introduce a new code of practice. I wonder if it will ever see the light of day and if it will have any effect. Here's a link for more details:
https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-1...ofpractice.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 17:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
roop298
post Wed, 7 Mar 2018 - 21:47
Post #2

Member No.: 96,706

Greg Knights Parking Code of Practice Bill. What's in it?

I don't see any details firstly, and is the bill intended to get prepheral organisations into line? Like popla, for instance. Or tightening up the bpa's loose bundle of toilet paper?
Also, anyone had any response from Greg's office (those who've contacted it, obviously)?

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Wed, 7 Mar 2018 - 22:04
Post #3

Member No.: 90,659

There is considerable discourse on Hansard.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2018-...OfPractice)Bill

One of the highlights seems to be pressure from the BPA to get rid of IAS.

The plan seems to be the usual DVLA lead enforcement, which has seemed wholly ineffectual to date. Also repeating what is surely a lie about it costing the DVLA £2.84 for each plate lookup. Bearing in mind these are accessed electronically I can't see how that can be real, unless the DVLA hold their records on microfiche.

This post has been edited by notmeatloaf: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 - 22:07

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 07:35
Post #4

Member No.: 59,842

Watch the House of Commons debate here. Make yourself a large pot of tea, then settle down. Very interesting comments from MPs - a 100% anti-PPC (long) session:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f038...918?in=12:49:41

+Quote Post
roop298
post Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 12:02
Post #5

QUOTE (Umkomaas @ Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 07:35) *
Watch the House of Commons debate here. Make yourself a large pot of tea, then settle down. Very interesting comments from MPs - a 100% anti-PPC (long) session:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f038...918?in=12:49:41

Nice to see they can inject some humour into what must seem tedious proceedings.
I spoke with Greg Knights office this morning. There is no clarity on when the Committee will review the bill but his secretary said they are still collating information and suggestions to be included in the final document.
I'll be submitting my two penn'orth.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 9 Mar 2018 - 08:27
Post #6

Member No.: 317

First suggestion from me would be bringing PPC's into line with Council car parks by acknowledging that ANPR is too error prone to be used for monitoring car parks in the way it is and banning its use (PE will love that!), this is a logical step as it brings private car parking enforcement into line with that under the TMA 2004 (and as equality of penalties was alluded to in Beavis, then equality of enforcement should also be in line.
Second suggestion would be a truly independent single ADR working to a single set of rules.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sat, 10 Mar 2018 - 13:27
Post #7

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 9 Mar 2018 - 08:27) *
First suggestion from me would be bringing PPC's into line with Council car parks by acknowledging that ANPR is too error prone to be used for monitoring car parks in the way it is and banning its use (PE will love that!), this is a logical step as it brings private car parking enforcement into line with that under the TMA 2004 (and as equality of penalties was alluded to in Beavis, then equality of enforcement should also be in line.
Second suggestion would be a truly independent single ADR working to a single set of rules.

The issue is that it is actually the more reputable parking companies who use ANPR. There are lots of complaints about Parking Eye but realistically it is a very small percentage of actual plate captures.

It tends to be those that manually ticket that do the wheel over the line/not in permitted space/etc.

+Quote Post
roop298
post Tue, 13 Mar 2018 - 22:42
Post #8

Who formulates the CoP for Council car parks??? And why are the bpa not following that. Or did they start with it then shat all over it?

PS: have you fired this at Greg Knights orifice?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 23rd April 2018 - 05:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.