Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Returned NIP not delivered by royal mail
driver786
post Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 12:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,184

Hi,

I recently received a NIP, I was speeding so no issues with the actual NIP. However I returned the NIP last tuesday (24/07/2018) through first class delivery to be signed for on delivery. Since then I have checked my tracking number which has not had any updates and simply says that they have received my post. I rang up royal mail who simply said they cannot do anything until it has been ten days, but this would push it close to the 28 day period to return the NIP. Contacting the department responsible for issuing the NIP in North Yorkshire was no help and I was told to chase it up with royal mail or wait for a reminder and return that. What is my best option at this point, and what would happen if the NIP is not returned on time despite me sending it off well within the required time frame? I have the postage receipt and tracking number as proof I have sent the letter back and I am admitting to the offence which qualifies for a speed awareness course, so I do not want the matter to escalate and potentially leave me with points on my license.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 23)
Advertisement
post Wed, 1 Aug 2018 - 12:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 23:46
Post #21

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (squaredeal @ Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 23:47) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 21:39) *
QUOTE (squaredeal @ Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 19:27) *
Oh FFS.
You really think the envelopes magically empty themselves and feed the contents into a scanning machine?
Of course there is human interaction before the scanning takes place, if only to weed out the ones that are incorrectly completed which would automatically be rejected by the scanning process because mandatory boxes have been missed.

Then surely a letter would be picked up at this stage and providing all the required details have been provided, PentiP would be updated accordingly.

Correct

Right, so presumably the process would just carry on as normal from there and we can agree that sending a letter isn't going to cause the sort of issue envisaged in post 4, which is what I was trying to get to.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 00:15
Post #22

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 00:46) *
Right, so presumably the process would just carry on as normal from there and we can agree that sending a letter isn't going to cause the sort of issue envisaged in post 4, which is what I was trying to get to.

Have you ever worked for an organisation where 95% of a very boring job is done by computer, except for a few who didn't fill in the form properly? Also where it's a complex process which is obvious to staff but not to those writing in?

Do you think the forms that can't be scanned are done with good grace, or by someone who wishes people would stop being so bloody awkward and use the form, or writing in twice, or apparently letting their dog savage the form.

Top tip: whoever processes the form will be bored and grumpy as hell.

This post has been edited by notmeatloaf: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 00:15

--------------------
My username is notmeatloaf because I'm not made of meat loaf. I hope that clarifies things.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 11:55
Post #23

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 01:15) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 00:46) *

Have you ever worked for an organisation where 95% of a very boring job is done by computer, except for a few who didn't fill in the form properly? Also where it's a complex process which is obvious to staff but not to those writing in?

This made me smile, I've worked in exactly that sort of organisation, I used to write the processes biggrin.gif

Still, IMO sending a letter is better than waiting for a reminder, but that's probably where we'll have to agree to disagree.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 22:52
Post #24

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (squaredeal @ Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 23:47) *
QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 20:36) *

There aren't any "mandatory boxes"...

--Churchmouse

There are for a form to be an acceptable candidate for the OCR process. (In particular the signature and DL fields) Any that are not correctly completed or have accompanying correspondence are still scanned but have to be manually input.

Yes, but not "mandatory" in a legal sense. It's important not to leave the impression that these forms are the only legal method of responding to a s.172 request. So long as all of the requested information is provided, there is no need to use the supplied form, and no need to tick particular boxes.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 16th August 2018 - 02:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.