PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

SJPN received today (totting), Threads merged
wwstwh
post Tue, 19 Feb 2019 - 15:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,216

Hi. I have managed to earn myself 9 points + a lucky escape of a course, and then of course went and won another 3 points as well.

Of course, I couldn't accept and pay for that last fine since I already had 9 points, so it will be referred to court. My questions are:

1) How long does it normally take, roughly when would a court date be likely - how long after the offence or after the FP offer expires?
2) Am I certain to face a ban unless I present a sob story about needing my car to save orphaned dolphins or whatever it is?
3) How long is this ban likely to be? I couldn't quite understand, is 6mo the minimum?

Many thanks, guys.

If it makes any difference, I went ten years with a clean licence and then got all my points in the space of a few months, most within a few weeks. All very silly. They were very late at night/early morning and on quiet roads and not like at 3pm outside a school or anything. I could quite fairly present a particular mental health reason behind my distraction and poor judgement, but I don't know how well that would work since it may just be taken to mean I should not have been driving at all.

Thanks,

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Start new topic
Replies (60 - 69)
Advertisement
post Tue, 19 Feb 2019 - 15:42
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
wwstwh
post Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 12:01
Post #61

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 22 Jun 2019 - 20:27) *
No, mitigation for the offence and an EH plea are two TOTALLY different things.

Thanks. And, I am still keen to delay proceedings (ideally until autumn!) so do we think it's worth me pleading guilty-with-no-appearance, if we're absolutely sure it will then be looked at (taking up some time) and referred to a hearing?

Is this likely to harm my chances in any way, could it be looked at negatively? Like, why did I not request an appearance in the first place?

Thanks,

+Quote Post
wwstwh
post Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 22:35
Post #62

It occurred to me - can an interested member of the public turn up at their local court to view others' hearings?

I would like to watch a case or two to get a sense for things before my court date, surely invaluable experience. Has anyone done this, is it quite a casual matter and "anyone" may turn up if they wish?

Thanks,

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 23:37
Post #63

Member No.: 96,238

Yes and it's a very good idea

Other than youth cases, you can watch in any magistrates court from the public gallery

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 23:45
Post #64

Member No.: 18,483

How many ***ing times do I have to tell you to stick to the one case, one thread rule? Do it again and you won’t be posting any more, period.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
wwstwh
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:05
Post #65

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 00:45) *
How many ***ing times do I have to tell you to stick to the one case, one thread rule? Do it again and you won’t be posting any more, period.

Right, so I'm clearly not understanding what you mean by "one case". You must mean "one user, one thread", surely?

The post above had nothing directly to do with my case, was very much a general question about the legal system, and would have contained literally zero references to any aspect of my case. It was NOT about my case, so why couldn't I make a new thread about it? Wouldn't it be something others might be curious about, also?

I am really not understanding the rule, I'm afraid. If it's one thread per user/account then make that clear somewhere.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:09
Post #66

Member No.: 18,483

You posted it because you wanted to know if you could go along to watch to help you prepare for your case. Don’t trouble yourself with what you think might be of general interest to all and sundry.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:11
Post #67

Member No.: 317

Your post appeared to be related to your case, and if it wasn't related to any case should be in the flame pit anyway not a case forum.

Was it genuinely just idle speculation or, as seems very likely, a prelude to your hearing?

And no, there is certainly no one user, one thread rule. If you have different cases they go in different threads (one case one thread after all).

Annoy the mod' team at your peril.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
wwstwh
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:20
Post #68

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 14:11) *
Was it genuinely just idle speculation or, as seems very likely, a prelude to your hearing?

Of course I would use the information received to benefit my case. But that's not the same thing - the topic was objectively nothing to do with my case, no answers would touch upon it and the discussion would not be affected by the nature of my case. It was a general question that applies to all. Just as someone else replying to it may also use the information to better their own particular situation, that doesn't make the thread about their case.

Annoy the mod' team at your peril.

Which will come first, my ban from driving or the forums? hmm

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:45
Post #69

Member No.: 317

It was sufficiently about your case for it to make more sense in the case thread then.

If not about any case you should have course have put it in the flame pit, by putting it in the same forum as your case you linked it to it.

I've got 2:1 on it being the forum first.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:47
Post #70

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (wwstwh @ Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 14:20) *
Which will come first, my ban from driving or the forums? hmm

Well, if you just follow the guidance you've been given about our (not very onerous) "one case, one thread", rule, then whatever driving ban you have coming. Otherwise...

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 23rd July 2019 - 05:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.