Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Armtrac Security Services!, Parking charge notice in Falmouth
Decado
post Sun, 17 Mar 2013 - 15:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,604

Hi

Hope someone here can give me some advice. I have had a look through the topics and see the name of Armtrac coming up regularly.

I parked in a car park in Falmouth yesterday and put in £2.20 (for two hours) into the ticket machine, took the ticket and placed it on the dash board. Came back 1.5 hours later to find a Parking Charge Notice on the windscreen. We were puzzled as we had paid for two hours. However, looking at the ticket the fee is shown as £2 and the expiry time 30 minutes before we got back to the car. It would appear that the 20p was not accepted by the ticket machine or it is faulty.

Having done some research on KBT Cornwall Ltd trading as Armtrac Security Services it would appear that the best advice is to ignore them. is this still the case?

The ticket that has been issued is really poorly hand written and I can't work out which car park I was supposed to be in as it is unreadable.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Regards

Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start new topic
Replies (80 - 85)
Advertisement
post Sun, 17 Mar 2013 - 15:57
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
hoohoo
post Tue, 23 Apr 2013 - 17:35
Post #81

Member No.: 57,768

The OP said their POPLA appeal was 'due on the XXX'. I'm assuming this means 'due to be adjudicated by' and not 'has to be submitted by'. You only know when your appeal is due to be adjudicated once you have started your POPLA appeal.

I think therefore, that they have already been charged £27. Let's hope POPLA don't do refunds!

+Quote Post
swellchaser
post Tue, 23 Apr 2013 - 17:55
Post #82

Member No.: 61,054

They could always 'appeal'..... tongue.gif

--------------------
Woll 1 Armtrac/PCN 0

+Quote Post
Decado
post Wed, 24 Apr 2013 - 20:35
Post #83

Member No.: 60,604

QUOTE (hoohoo @ Tue, 23 Apr 2013 - 18:35) *
The OP said their POPLA appeal was 'due on the XXX'. I'm assuming this means 'due to be adjudicated by' and not 'has to be submitted by'. You only know when your appeal is due to be adjudicated once you have started your POPLA appeal.

I think therefore, that they have already been charged £27. Let's hope POPLA don't do refunds!

I just took the date from their "rejection of appeal letter" and the date of my receipt of said letter and added about 28 days to get the date of XXXXX. My heart bleeds for their loss of £27 + VAT :-)

+Quote Post
Jack155
post Thu, 9 May 2013 - 18:02
Post #84

Member No.: 55,001

I have been reading this forum with interest since being ticketed by these guys a while ago, and have found out a couple of things that may be of use to you guys

Firstly there is no charge to the PPC for issuing a POPLA code, it is formulated in house based on their unique 3 digit code (first 3 digits), followed by numbers formulated from the date that the appeal was rejected (so POPLA can tell if they have appealed to them within the required time scale) i.e. the number of the day of the year (jan 1st being 001 and 31st dec being 365), followed by the year as a single digit (2013 being 3 and 2014 being 4) and finally a 3 digit number representing your position in the number of appeals they have rejected on that particular day (so if your appeal was the 5th rejection of the day then its 005).

Secondly, the BPA rarely issue sanction points as they believe that it is more appropriate to issue warnings i.e. address this issue and prove that it has been done or we will give you sanction points. Therefore your wasting you time solely complaining to POPLA or BPA. Wait for them to get your details from the DVLA, then complain to the DVLA; that way the BPA will be forced to act appropriately/effectively.

+Quote Post
nigelbb
post Thu, 9 May 2013 - 18:19
Post #85

Member No.: 60,602

QUOTE (Jack155 @ Thu, 9 May 2013 - 19:02) *
Firstly there is no charge to the PPC for issuing a POPLA code, it is formulated in house based on their unique 3 digit code (first 3 digits), followed by numbers formulated from the date that the appeal was rejected (so POPLA can tell if they have appealed to them within the required time scale) i.e. the number of the day of the year (jan 1st being 001 and 31st dec being 365), followed by the year as a single digit (2013 being 3 and 2014 being 4) and finally a 3 digit number representing your position in the number of appeals they have rejected on that particular day (so if your appeal was the 5th rejection of the day then its 005).

That's very interesting information to stored away & used if necessary. You must have some insider knowledge to provide this method of decoding.

--------------------
British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice(Appendix C contains Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 ) & can be found here http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Code-of-Pr...ance-monitoring
DfT Guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...ing-charges.pdf
Damning OFT advice on levels of parking charges that was ignored by the BPA Ltd Reference Request Number: IAT/FOIA/135010 – 12 October 2012

+Quote Post
bama
post Fri, 10 May 2013 - 07:19
Post #86

Member No.: 4,323

seconded. very interesting to see the algorithm.

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 23:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here