Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help?, Fixed penalty and SJNP
Jeemyw
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 12:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,378

Hi,
So long story short I was caught speeding on the motorway about 3 weeks ago. I have a clean licence and received a conditional fixed penalty of 3 points and £100 fine about 5 says ago. Havent got round to paying it but still plenty of time. I assumed that that was the end of it once I payed and got the points endorsed.
Have now just received an SJNP and am confused as to why. Is this a mistake or do I have to pay the conditional offer and deal separately with this SJNP that I have never even heard of.
Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 12:54
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 12:59
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

What was alleged speed and limit?

Are you sure they're for the same event?

Have you called them and asked why this has happened?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeemyw
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:11
Post #3

Yes definitely for same offence. The alleged speed was 89. It just makes no sense for them to give me a conditional offeee and then also send one of these.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:15
Post #4

QUOTE (Jeemyw @ Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 14:11) *
Yes definitely for same offence. The alleged speed was 89. It just makes no sense for them to give me a conditional offeee and then also send one of these.

And they said what when you called them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeemyw
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:17
Post #5

I havent done that yet lol. That will be my next move if nobody here has any ideas!!

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:23
Post #6

Member No.: 49,223

Sounds like an administrative error. They cannot commence proceedings whilst in the suspended enforcement period.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:25
Post #7

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Jeemyw @ Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:54) *
Hi,
So long story short I was caught speeding on the motorway about 3 weeks ago. I have a clean licence and received a conditional fixed penalty of 3 points and £100 fine about 5 says ago. Havent got round to paying it but still plenty of time. I assumed that that was the end of it once I payed and got the points endorsed.
Have now just received an SJNP and am confused as to why. Is this a mistake or do I have to pay the conditional offer and deal separately with this SJNP that I have never even heard of.
Cheers

What's the date of the COFP? If the offer of a fixed penalty has definitely not expired and you're sure the SJPN relates to the same incident, this would suggest there's been an administrative mix up. Might be worth giving them a call.

In theory they can rescind a fixed penalty if further evidences comes to light since it was issued which shows it wasn't the appropriate disposal for the offence, but from what you describe this seems very unlikely.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.

+Quote Post
Jeemyw
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:28
Post #8

So hopefully a phone call will sort it out and I can pay the £100 fine and take the 3 points in your opinion?

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 14:25) *
QUOTE (Jeemyw @ Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:54) *
Hi,
Cheers

What's the date of the COFP? If the offer of a fixed penalty has definitely not expired and you're sure the SJPN relates to the same incident, this would suggest there's been an administrative mix up. Might be worth giving them a call.

In theory they can rescind a fixed penalty if further evidences comes to light since it was issued which shows it wasn't the appropriate disposal for the offence, but from what you describe this seems very unlikely.

Fixed penalty was offered on the 29/09/17. SJNP was sent in the 05/10/17.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 13:32
Post #9

QUOTE (Jeemyw @ Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 14:28) *
So hopefully a phone call will sort it out and I can pay the £100 fine and take the 3 points in your opinion?

From what you've told us so far, yes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kickaha
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 16:03
Post #10

Member No.: 38,126

What was the speed limit?

+Quote Post
Jeemyw
post Fri, 6 Oct 2017 - 16:06
Post #11

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 17th June 2018 - 21:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.