PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Paddington motorbike bay suspension
owenbyw
post Mon, 21 Oct 2019 - 14:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,270

I got back to Paddington today Monday from three days away, went to London Street around the side of the station and found that my bike had two tickets. There were very shiny clean and new looking triangular yellow signs around the lamposts saying that parking was suspended from Sat 19 to Sat 26 Oct. I am pretty sure these signs were not there when I left the bike on Fri. Could anyone help with a few questions?

1. Is there a statutory time period of advance notice for suspension?
2. Could the second ticket be unenforceable as continuous contravention?
3. Does anyone have experience of dealing with Westminster on issues such as these?
4. Should I pay within the 14 day limit and ask for a refund? Don't want it to double.

There were dozens of bikes in the same position, covered in tickets - two days after the suspension began the bay was still three quarters full. So lots of people have been caught out and Westminster are really raking it in! Can anyone help? Thanks, Owen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Mon, 21 Oct 2019 - 14:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 21 Oct 2019 - 18:12
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

Post up the PCNs and the CEO photos. If the signs were put there after you parked, we should be able to get both PCNs cancelled, but we need to see what we're dealing with first.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
owenbyw
post Tue, 22 Oct 2019 - 08:15
Post #3

Member No.: 106,270

Thanks - here is a scan of the PCNs. What are CEOs? If you mean the yellow suspension boards, I don't have pics. And of course I don't have proof that the boards were put up after I parked - I just know that I would have noticed if they had been there!

One other issue is that I'm going out of the country on Friday for six weeks. To avoid the danger of missing correspondence I'm minded to pay 2 x £65 then appeal for a refund. Any thoughts? Thanks, Owen
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 23 Oct 2019 - 13:01
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

You pay or challenge, if you pay that's an admission of liability and there is no route of appeal.

CEOs are Civil Enforcement Officers, the photos are available from https://www.westminster.gov.uk/challenge-your-parking-ticket but for ease of reference I've put them here:

PCN 1:

PCN 2:

The sign was only printed on 17 October so it is possible they were put up on Friday after you parked. So, what time did you park? Also, did you pay for a whole day's parking on the Saturday? I note parking is only free on Sundays.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 18th November 2019 - 19:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.