PCN Uxbridge (Screwfix), Photo wasn't taken by ANPR
Buca1uk
post Thu, 31 Jan 2019 - 19:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,214

Hi,

New here so any help appreciated.

I was issued with a PCN on the 15th November by "UK Car Park Management" (CPM) on "Kier Park" Uxbridge, which is Private land. I parked on the road (with no Yellow lines). I did not receive a notice of this on my windscreen and it looks like the photo of my car was taken via a mobile phone.

Is it right that if the Photo isn't taken by ANPR, then a "Notice to driver" needs to be placed on the windscreen for the ticket to be valid ? Would like to use this in my appeal, currently my argument is that the signs are not very clear.

There is a sign, which I attached, but I did not see it as it's not very visible and only 50cm off the concrete blocks it's attached too. It's also on the passenger side of where I parked.

Any helps/Thoughts would be appreciated.

This post has been edited by Buca1uk: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 - 19:36
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 26)
Advertisement
post Thu, 31 Jan 2019 - 19:31
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 6 Mar 2019 - 09:31
Post #21

Member No.: 15,642

YEs, it states issued date
That is not the date sent nor is it the date given. Its just the date it was generated.

+Quote Post
Buca1uk
post Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 20:31
Post #22

Hi,

I've now lost my Appeal for this parking Ticket and the CPM are now demanding the £100 with 28 days, or it jumps upto £160.

Should I pay this or is there another way to dispute it ?

This was the response from the IAS - Appeal Outcome : Dismissed

"It is important that the Appellant understands that the Adjudicator is not in a position to give his/her legal advice on the issues raised by the parties The Adjudicator's role is to look at whether the parking charge has a basis in law and was properly issued in the circumstances of each particular case. However, the Adjudicator is legally qualified and decides the Appeal according to their understanding of the law and legal principles.

The terms of this Appeal are that I am only allowed to consider the charge being appealed and not the circumstances of other drivers or other parking events. The guidance to this Appeal also makes it clear that I am bound by the law of contract and can only consider legal challenges and not factual mistakes , mitigation or extenuating circumstances.
In this case the relevant terms to regulate parking on site are set out in the signage and state that " You must park wholly within a marked bay. No parking on roadways at any time ". The contravention photographs confirm that the Appellant parked adjacent to a sign setting out the above and wholly outside a marked bay. The Appellant maintains that the signage on site is inadequate and positioned too low to the ground to be seen by motorists if other vehicles are parked there. Unfortunately the contravention photographs do not support the Appellant's contentions as they show about 14 signs situated at the entrance and in to the Industrial estate. In addition they confirm that the Appellant's vehicle was parked alongside one such sign and was wholly outside a marked bay.
In view of the above I am satisfied that the parking charge notice was issued lawfully and that as a result this Appeal must be dismissed."

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 22 Mar 2019 - 08:01
Post #23

Member No.: 60,457

No surprise there then.

Nothing more to do now but wait and see what happens.

+Quote Post
Buca1uk
post Fri, 22 Mar 2019 - 19:39
Post #24

Hi,

What am I waiting for now ?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 23 Mar 2019 - 10:31
Post #25

Member No.: 60,457

Letter before claim or claim form

+Quote Post
Peter Jackson
post Sat, 19 Oct 2019 - 19:05
Post #26

Member No.: 106,257

I also have a ticket from the same place, from 6th Nov 2018. I have been sent the County Court claim form paperwork by Gladstone's Solicitors this week, and am preparing my defence. I'm interested to hear what happened in your case. Thanks

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Sat, 19 Oct 2019 - 20:10
Post #27

Member No.: 78,368

You should start your own thread if you want help on your own case

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 21:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here