PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Wycs Dewsbury, Clampped
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,477

hi all new to the forum went into dewsbury town today and parked in a carpark that has been taken ove by these Muppet one small sign at far side of carpark and demanded £125 release fee i had to pay it as was faced with car being towed what can i do now to get my money back or some kind of action

thanks

This post has been edited by khile: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Bluedart
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:25
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (khile @ Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:11) *
hi all new to the forum went into dewsbury town today and parked in a carpark that has been taken ove by these Muppet one small sign at far side of carpark and demanded £125 release fee i had to pay it as was faced with car being towed what can i do now to get my money back or some kind of action

thanks

Do I need a license to clamp cars on my property?
From 28 Feb 05 anyone undertaking "licensable vehicle immobilisation activities"...

Clamping & the Law
From 28 February 2005 anyone undertaking "licensable vehicle immobilisation activities" will require a licence from the Security Industries Authority (SIA). A licensable activity is immobilising a vehicle with an immobilisation device, including a wheel clamp, on private land against a release fee.

You will need a license, for example, if:
* you are a business providing wheel clamping services, or
* you are an employee who handles the wheel clamping of your car park at work, or
* you are a private land owner who does your own wheel clamping and charges a release fee.
How to get a licence
You will need to apply for a license from the SIA. If you are front line staff, you must be over 18, pass an identity and criminal record check, and have the right SIA approved qualification. If you are non-front line staff, such as a manager or director, you will need to pass a criminal record check and an identity check. You will not need to take the training. If you are front line staff you will need to wear the license where it can be seen at all times when working.
Edexcel is the official awarding body for the new vehicle immobiliser qualification. To find out details of local training courses, contact them on 0870 240 9800 or visit http://www.edexcel.org.uk.

The license application fee for front line staff is £190 for 1 year. Non-front line staff will also need to pay £190 but the license is valid for 3 years.
Penalties
The Private Security Industry Act 2001 creates several new criminal offences. It will be an offence to provide a designated security service without a licence, or employ an unlicensed person in an activity for which a licence would be required.
The penalties for committing an offence can be either, summary conviction at a magistrate's court - the maximum penalty is six months imprisonment and/or a fine of up to £5,000, or, trial on indictment at the Crown Court, whereby an unlimited fine and/or five years imprisonment could be imposed.

There maybe several ideas here as what you could do.

--------------------
Peter
What I'd like to see police/local authorities do is deal with important issues and not these sorts of victimless crimes when society is riddled with problems.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.' - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:32
Post #3

i did not see any form of id or licence from this [mod edit] he accused me of trying to remove the clamp which i did not

who can i report him too as no id was shown to me and around his neck was a halifax bank card is a card holder as i thought it was a bit strange to wear a bank card around his nieck

This post has been edited by southpaw82: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 17:20

+Quote Post
Bluedart
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:40
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (khile @ Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:32) *
i did not see any form of id or licence from this [mod edit] he accused me of trying to remove the clamp which i did not

who can i report him too as no id was shown to me and around his neck was a halifax bank card is a card holder as i thought it was a bit strange to wear a bank card around his nieck

If he gave you a receipt which I hope he did, you will have details on there.
If you suspect he was a using fictitious ID, the nick is your next port of call.

There are also other things you should consider.

This post has been edited by southpaw82: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 17:20

--------------------
Peter
What I'd like to see police/local authorities do is deal with important issues and not these sorts of victimless crimes when society is riddled with problems.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.' - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:41
Post #5

Member No.: 21,992

Did he give you a receipt? Can we see it (obscure your details, but leave his in).

How did you pay? Did you get any photos of the sign? Can we see that?

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Gan
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:42
Post #6

Member No.: 27,239

How did you pay ? Cash or credit card ?

Did you get a receipt ? If so, post it up with your details removed ?

You are going to find out who hired the company because clampers are not in the habit of paying CCJs.

Is it possible that this is a pop-up car-park - the clampers own land or even a spot of common ground ?

WYCS is not a limited company and only a PO Box is available. My database shows a David Watson as the proprietor but you may need a professional tracing service to find him. Might be worth checking the ownership of the website for an address.

This post has been edited by Gan: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:52

+Quote Post
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:00
Post #7

QUOTE (Gan @ Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:42) *
How did you pay ? Cash or credit card ?

Did you get a receipt ? If so, post it up with your details removed ?

You are going to find out who hired the company because clampers are not in the habit of paying CCJs.

Is it possible that this is a pop-up car-park - the clampers own land or even a spot of common ground ?

WYCS is not a limited company and only a PO Box is available. My database shows a David Watson as the proprietor but you may need a professional tracing service to find him. Might be worth checking the ownership of the website for an address.

Payment: bank card over phone
receipt: Yes and will upload
Car park is at back of retail shops and people have parked there for years

i have traced the company to an address on westgate in wakefield

This post has been edited by khile: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:03

+Quote Post
Gan
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:11
Post #8

Member No.: 27,239

Do you mean debit or credit card.

Credit card has possibility though difficult of a chargeback.

+Quote Post
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:22
Post #9

hi yea sorry debit card

+Quote Post
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:22
Post #10

hi yea sorry debit card

+Quote Post
Misono
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:27
Post #11

Member No.: 38,998

Slightly off, but is it just me or is that sign saying that disabled people, possibly displaying a blue badge, are not exempt from clamping? Think that's wrong...

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:46
Post #12

I can't see the pic, but a lot of clamping signs say that, despite the fact that - yes - it's wrong, and contrary to SIA directives.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:53
Post #13

taken a photo of the reciept

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 16:04
Post #14

I think dropbox.com must be on the work internet police list for some reason. We normally recommend tinypic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
khile
post Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 16:41
Post #15

QUOTE (ManxRed @ Mon, 13 Jun 2011 - 17:04) *
I think dropbox.com must be on the work internet police list for some reason. We normally recommend tinypic.

tinypic wont work for me keeps saying failed to upload

+Quote Post
jjt0779
post Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 17:32
Post #16

Member No.: 47,508

As a worker in dewsbury I pay There is also two entrances £450 a year to park in this car park behind yorkshire bank, Why should myself and many others pay a yearly fee for people like yourself to park there for free. As for only being one sign this is completely wrong there are at least 8 signs within the car park area. there is two entrances to this car park and whichever one you use there are two very large signs stating it is a private car park maybe if you cant see these signs you should not be driving. WYCS have done a great job on this car park since they began and they have ensured that the people who are paying to park on here are able to do so. I do agree that £125 is a lot of money but i also believe that this price is regulated by the british parking association in which according to the signs this company are members. The bottom line is you did park illegally where there are signs stating the consequences this was the risk you took by parking where you are clearly not allowed to park.

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 17:38
Post #17

Member No.: 4,323

the BPA is not a regulator. Check your membership and the notes they dish out.

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
jjt0779
post Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 17:48
Post #18

Member No.: 47,508

I am just stating That according to the BPA the maximum charge is £125 From what i have seen on tv programmes and heard on the news many of these clamping companys around charge at least double this or even tow the car straight away. WYCS obviously follow the BPA guidelines unlike most other companys is the point i am getting at. As i stated in my last post i am just a worker who pays to park in the car park in question i have nothin to do with WYCS i am just saying i am grateful for them keeping these spaces free for people who are paying

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 17:59
Post #19

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (jjt0779 @ Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 18:32) *
The bottom line is you did park illegally

No, he didn't. Illegally would indicate that he committed a criminal offence, which he did not do.

It's a little odd that you work in Dewsbury enough to pay for a permanent parking space in this very car park yet you're posting from London. Even odder that you have a very strange IP address. Since you only seem to have come on here to cause trouble I think I'll revoke your posting privileges. Buhbye.

This post has been edited by southpaw82: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 18:04

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Exiled Yorkshire...
post Tue, 14 Jun 2011 - 18:13
Post #20

Member No.: 23,295

Was it a VISA Debit Card? If so possibility of chargeback, but you'll have to argue.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 15:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here