PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Car parking PCN, NCP and TRACE - Hinckley Britannia Carpark
Paul24680
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 08:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,983

Hi all having read a few topics on here today I may have messed up so apologies if im wasting time.

The outline is, I did enter Britannia Car park Hinckley with the intention of parking and getting some shoes repaired.
As I entered the car park I received a call from my mother (73) who looks after my elderly father with dementia, in tears.
My father had shut the door locking my mum and she was in a state as she couldn't get him to understand how to open the door.
At this time I was in the car park, pulled to one side and put my hazard lights on, but did not park.
I spoke to my wife to ask her to call over to my parents house but she was not where near and unable to do so as she was 50 miles away in Warwick. So I left straight away as I was 6/7 miles away.
The PCN arrived while I was on holiday some time later and I did not respond within the 21 days and I could find an email address or number to discuss this. In the end I got an email via a reply from another site and sent the below mail.

Without Prejudice

Good morning, I spoke to one of your colleagues who supplied me this email address after I contacted you about my case.
I have never disputed that I did enter the car park at Hinckley and did respond explaining that I did enter the car park at the stated time when I received a call from my elderly mother stating that she had an issue at home and my father has dementia.
I spoke to my wife to ask her to call over to my parents house but she was not where near and unable to do so. I did not park but pulled to the side with my hazard lights on.
I went to leave the car park and there was an elderly couple putting a wheel chair in the back of a disability vehicle and had to wait for 2/3 minutes while they loaded into their vehicle. I then left the site. I was on the site for 10 / 12 minutes and never actually parked.
The response to my claims arrived when I was away on annual leave for 3 weeks and as such I could not respond in the determined time.
I have responded to NCP on numerous occasions asking for evidence that I parked but received no responses and they are uncontactable by phone.
I have no idea where I would have got to if I had parked and returned, and to think I could do so is ludicrous.
I do not ever park and not pay and certainly not for a £1.00 or so charge and the response from NCP and now your demands of £160.00 are not reasonable.
I request that you re look at this case on its individual merits, as explained and having taken advice I am happy to let this go to court and if so will put this in the hands of my solicitors.
I hope we can resolve this amicably as a law abiding citizen.

After 8 weeks I got a reply yesterday ststing the fine was to be paid in 7 days
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 08:22
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 08:43
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,457

Mistake is letting them know who was driving.

I would suggest that from now on you ignore and wait to see what they do. They are not particularly litigious, have a look at this web page. You could send one of the large appeals to POPLA and see where that gets you. They did give you a POPLA code?

If it does get any further you can plead that you were prevented from complying with their requirements because of events outside of your control. They are supposed to give you a grace period anyway to decide if you want to park.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here