Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ULEZ Exemption Checker Discrepancy Discussion
hustler6969
post Sun, 9 Dec 2018 - 21:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,940

Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but since it'd be a TfL/council enforced charge, I thought you guys might know more or have a definitie answer.

I'm trying to plan ahead and dreading having to dish-out for a new car. My confusion is with the current T-Charge in central london and the upcoming ULEZ from April 2019.

Now my understanding is both T-charge and ULEZ have the same standard: i.e. petrol cars Euro 4 and newer are exempt. My understanding is that mine (petrol) is not Euro 4 (slightly confusing because I it was registered Dec 2004 and Euro 4 for petrol is 1 Jan 2005 onwards).

Now, when I check the TfL website T-charge checker it says I'm not exempt as I don't meet Euro 4. And yes, I've paid the T-charge several occasions.

Now when I check the TfL website upcoming ULEZ checker, it says I'm excempt, as I meet the 'at least Euro 4 standard'.

I'm confused now, which one is right and which one is wrong? Cuz how can both have the same requirement but I'm paying one and exempt from the other??

It'd be great if someone could confirm and help me plan my budget for next year (hopefully wont have to change cars and save some cash)!

Unfortunately, theres a disclaimer under the ULEZ which completel washes their hands out of any responsibility!

Any thoughts much appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Start new topic
Replies (60 - 68)
Advertisement
post Sun, 9 Dec 2018 - 21:16
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
whitewing
post Mon, 9 Sep 2019 - 21:56
Post #61

Member No.: 6,999

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 9 Sep 2019 - 16:07) *
So what was the bumph you received the other day about?
I assume you did nothing about sending what they asked for?

I emailed them a copy of the current V5, and also the V5 for the old car with its current reg, showing the same issue date - didn't have a copy of the old one with the personal plate.

ULEZ checker is now showing the right info for my car.
Still showing the old car's current reg as "doesn't exist", but the guy I sold it to lives in Cambridge so unlikely to be an issue for him!

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Tue, 10 Sep 2019 - 07:34
Post #62

Member No.: 9,683

A clleaguge in the bus industry who runs a fleet of very expensive Euro 6 coaches (including London's first all-electric) coaches had lost a few battles as a couple of his coaches have "paddy plates" despite being brand new. He's lost at adjudicator level and is now progressing the case further.

+Quote Post
whitewing
post Wed, 11 Sep 2019 - 08:07
Post #63

QUOTE (roythebus @ Tue, 10 Sep 2019 - 08:34) *
A clleaguge in the bus industry who runs a fleet of very expensive Euro 6 coaches (including London's first all-electric) coaches had lost a few battles as a couple of his coaches have "paddy plates" despite being brand new. He's lost at adjudicator level and is now progressing the case further.

Do they show up as compliant at DVLA?

+Quote Post
Korting
post Thu, 12 Sep 2019 - 11:49
Post #64

Member No.: 37,524

QUOTE (roythebus @ Tue, 10 Sep 2019 - 08:34) *

By paddy plates, I presume Irish registration, if not can someone enlighten me

+Quote Post
whitewing
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 07:33
Post #65

Representation accepted, even with apology for inconvenience. (3 weeks later)

+Quote Post
peodude
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 08:26
Post #66

Member No.: 7,035

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 29 Aug 2019 - 11:47) *
Maybe it doesn't get updated at all......

The cars already in the field aren't going to change, all new cars comply anyway, maybe they forgot cherished numbers get moved around!

Presumably, in that case, it could also work the other way round, transferring a plate off a compliant car onto a non compliant car to beat the database.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 08:39
Post #67

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (peodude @ Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 08:26) *

The cars already in the field aren't going to change, all new cars comply anyway, maybe they forgot cherished numbers get moved around!

Presumably, in that case, it could also work the other way round, transferring a plate off a compliant car onto a non compliant car to beat the database.

Except as you can't use a newer plate on an older car that's going to be a lot of hassle to take advantage of!

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Korting
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 08:44
Post #68

Member No.: 37,524

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 09:39) *
QUOTE (peodude @ Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 08:26) *

Except as you can't use a newer plate on an older car that's going to be a lot of hassle to take advantage of!

Not if they're around the same age. ie some 14 and 64 cars are compliant, some 15 /65 cars are not.

+Quote Post
whitewing
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 22:29
Post #69

Plenty of old Nissan Leafs dating back to 2012...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:01
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here