Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Highview Parking - Overstayed Car Park Limit
SlipKnips
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 20:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,459

Hi,

Seeking advice for a non-member. They (the non-member) received a letter from Highview Parking, was given advice to ignore it. They then received another letter (which I have a copy of and have attached below) dated 23/9. The penalty notice states that the driver of the vehicle at the time overstayed the maximum 3 hour time limit in the car park and stayed for 3 hours 18 minutes.

Apologies in advance, I can't seem to embed these images. Unsure what I'm doing wrong.

https://imgur.com/EdbXgJv

They have now received the following letter from DRP.

https://imgur.com/0iV7Fu1

Advice on what they can do next appreciated.

Many thanks,
Dan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 20:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 20:43
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (SlipKnips @ Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 20:01) *
Advice on what they can do next appreciated.

Ignoring is bad advice but this is Highview - they don't seem to want to take these to court... (But do have 6 years to do so)

I'd still send them this:

Dear Sirs,

I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
SlipKnips
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 20:47
Post #3

Member No.: 98,459

Thanks for the quick response, do I send this to just Highview or also DRP?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 4 Dec 2019 - 06:12
Post #4

Member No.: 317

Highview only, DRP are a toothless debt collector and should be ignored (but filed).

It's not a 'penalty' its a parking charge........ aka an invoice.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 - 06:15

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 4 Dec 2019 - 08:32
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

Yes, the parking company. Totally ignore DRP.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 12:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here