Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Loughton Speeding, 37 in a 30
USUS007
post Wed, 27 Apr 2016 - 11:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,519

Hi there all,

First time user for this forum. I received a letter of prosecution from Essex Police, for speeding in Loughton Essex on the 31/03/16 at a time of 13:39. I was doing 37mph in a 30 zone and although I hadn't realised I had been flashed, let alone seen a undercover speed camera. Upon reading through this letter with the intention to prosecute, it outlines that the driver must be identified and must be received in a period of 28 days or a fine of £200 as well a 6 penalty points will be given.

Now obviously this is my offence, however my first question would be if I would recieve a speed awareness course. This has been the case for some friends of mine in the past, so is it something that will be offered to me?
The second question would be that, the letter states in regards to me wanting evidence that, "NO. There is no requirement and therefore the police DO NOT supply any documentation at this stage. Such evidence will only be provided in the event of the matter being progressed to Court." Now my impression was that it was the law to provide evidence of the vehicles at that time and place. Again friends of mine have all received evidence upon request of it, so why is this not the case for me? Are they right or am I? I am not sure at all.

Many thanks

USUS007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Wed, 27 Apr 2016 - 11:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 27 Apr 2016 - 11:25
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

You're not entitled to any evidence before you make a plea in court. You can request photos "to assist in identifying the driver". They may or may not supply them and they do not have to be the "money shot".

37 in a 30 should result in a SAC assuming you've not done one in the last 3 years..

This post has been edited by peterguk: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 - 11:26

--------------------

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Wed, 27 Apr 2016 - 11:32
Post #3

Member No.: 59,097

TO OP
You don't seem to be in any doubt that you were the driver so it's a case of returning the paperwork within the time limit as it outlines naming yourself as the driver and awaiting an offer .
As has been stated by peterguk you don't get evidence unless you opt for Court .The only thing you could do/have done was to ask for photos to assist in identifying the driver[without using the word "evidence" and remembering the time limits] but going by what you have said there is no need to do that and in most cases it probably doesn't help anyway .

+Quote Post
USUS007
post Wed, 27 Apr 2016 - 11:42
Post #4

Member No.: 81,519

That makes total sense. I just now hope to receive the SAC. I thank you very much for your replies.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 20:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here