Another Ticket :-(, Cloned Number Plate
rapport25
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 19:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,505

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=Se...sult_type=posts

Hi guys,

You may remember the previous post I made.

I received an Sp30 a few months ago which I believed not to be me. Photographic evidende indeed showed what I thought was my car. As I could not recall who was driving & believed it was not me, I decided to take the points. Only 3 points on a clean license.

Today I received a further ticket for the same location, but after looking at the photo again for the above. It's not my car. In the picture the car has different badging on the rear & some type of number plate holder which my car does not.

I have just checked Google maps on my phone & both dates show me as home all day.

I really feel I should appeal both of these due to my number plate being cloned.

Please help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Advertisement
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 19:14
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 19:22
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

If you can substantiate that your vehicle was cloned, the police will normally be willing to arrange the removal of points and a refund of the fine, as you'll be considered a victim of crime. But you must be able to substantiate your claim.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 19:35
Post #3

Thanks. Like I said I can show my location was home on both days. Via my phone & the picture is not the same as my car

Cant believe I missed it the first time round :-(

Scary how your location data is stored. Every day is a school day

Annoyed with myself!

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 20:03
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

As an aside, how does your phone show the car was not at the alleged location?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 20:10
Post #5

Agreed, but the car in the picture is not mine.

I drive the car 99% of the time. And the wife uses it occasionally. As this 2nd offence was in the week & I know I was off work & car was home all day with me.

The amount of arguements we had over the first ticket, to find out it's not my car.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Fri, 5 Jul 2019 - 23:31
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

Get this latest one quashed, then consider trying to overcome the first one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 06:47
Post #7

Member No.: 52,178

Is the location of the alleged speeding near to home, somewhere you go regularly, or somewhere completely different?

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 07:01
Post #8

Around 20 mins from my home address, but not a road I use.

This post has been edited by rapport25: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 08:13

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 08:23
Post #9

Member No.: 96,238

Usually cars are cloned from another part of the country to reduce the chances that they will meet
The numbers are also changed frequently in case a driving- or parking offence reveals the existence of the clone

Report it to the police, separately from the S172 reply
As you and the driver of the cloned car are equally likely to be stopped, carry registration and insurance documents with you

This post has been edited by Redivi: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 12:13

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 10:11
Post #10

Thanks. The Police agreed with what you said, but also mentioned it's not uncommon that they use the same close to your home address.

They guess it may have been used early part of this year to commit crimes in the area & may indeed have changed plates now.

Not a nice feeling & that I may now get stopped by the Police as its logged on there system :-(

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 6 Jul 2019 - 10:13
Post #11

To be honest I wouldn't carry the V5C on you, as long as the vehicle is registered in your name and you have a photo driving licence you shouldn't have any problems.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 10:19
Post #12

Update on the below.

Still not resolved & cloned plates reported.

Since the ticket, I have received a further NIP which was not me. This time via another county.

Pictures sent & case closed, as it was not my car as reported back by the Police. 

2 days later case reopened. Spoke with the Police & they said it's been reopened due to the cloned plates.

I have no issues with the case being open. My issue is still waiting for my points to be removed. The officer I spoke to confirned it was not my car & this was over 4 wks ago.

No futher update or feedback from the Police.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 12:39
Post #13

Removal of the points can only be arranged via the force that issued the fixed penalty concerned, the fact that some other police force is investigating your plate as a cloned vehicle has no bearing on that. So, have you been in touch with the force that applied the points in the first place?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 14:11
Post #14

Sorry, the above was not clear :-).

Yes, Spoke to the police force that issued the points 4 wks ago. They agreed it was not my car & should be sorted in 2wks. Still awaiting an update.

Do HADEC3 cameras only work when speeding or all the time?

I'm sure I saw a similar car to mine the other day, but could not see the reg to confirm 100%

This post has been edited by rapport25: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 14:12

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 16:22
Post #15

QUOTE (rapport25 @ Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 15:11) *
Sorry, the above was not clear :-).

Yes, Spoke to the police force that issued the points 4 wks ago. They agreed it was not my car & should be sorted in 2wks. Still awaiting an update.

Well I think you need to chase them.

QUOTE (rapport25 @ Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 15:11) *
Do HADEC3 cameras only work when speeding or all the time?

I'm sure I saw a similar car to mine the other day, but could not see the reg to confirm 100%

HADECS will only capture speeding cars, but the ANPR network works all the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rapport25
post Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 16:40
Post #16

Thanks for the reply.

I had hoped the camera recorded all the time & then I could of contacted the Police IF it indeed was my car. Looked very similar :-(

For some reason, my revised message never got posted.

Should have said......

Yes, Spoke to the police force that issued the points 4 wks ago. They agreed it was not my car & should be sorted in 2wks, that was 4 wks ago & still awaiting an update.

I did call them again last week & they said to call back again in 2 wks. I did ask that someone called me with an update, and still waiting!

On the flip side the other Police force were super quick & called me back.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 22 Aug 2019 - 00:21
Post #17

Just keep chasing the original force.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:23
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here