PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cheating B'stards, Done when not in a zone
Lynnzer
post Sat, 11 Jun 2022 - 10:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,813

The other day I had to go to Hartlepool.
First off though, having just completed a SAC a couple of months ago, I've been driving within speed limits, and in fact have changed my driving so much that I have increased my consumption by almost 8% by slow starts, less than 60mph even on motorways etc. I've gone from 32.8mpg to 39.7.
That's just an explanation of my reason for posting another speeding ticket.
So, I was approaching the start of the 40mph limit on the A179 down from Hart and the bit immediately before the coast road roundabout.
Knowing that this stretch is often monitored by scammer police vans, and in fact following my usual driving pattern I slowed down to be within the limit at the actual entry point to the signs.
DAMN IT. There was a bloody van parked a couple of hundred yards down from the signs. I know I wasn't over the limit and in fact was probably more towards 38 mph.
At the time I wondered how many people get caught by starting to slow only when they hit the signs.
Guess what. I got a NIP today. They must have had the camera trained on the traffic BEFORE they got to the signs.
I AM ADAMANT THAT I WASN'T SPEEDING, but will they listen pre action being taken? Probably not.
However I'm going all in on this one again. I'll start the ball rolling with a letter to the Chief Constable.
How many more have been scammed in this manner I wonder. And in fact if they are, as I know they are, monitoring traffic before the signs, how many DON'T get a bloody ticket.

This post has been edited by Lynnzer: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 - 10:12

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 44)
Advertisement
post Sat, 11 Jun 2022 - 10:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
AntonyMMM
post Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 12:12
Post #41

Member No.: 37,614

They won't engage in a "trial by email" ....that letter will just see the case referred to court.

This post has been edited by AntonyMMM: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 12:13

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 12:31
Post #42

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (AntonyMMM @ Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 13:12) *
They won't engage in a "trial by email" ....that letter will just see the case referred to court.

Yeah I know already but how do I make my point otherwise.
I know I'll just have to swallow $hit and take a hit but I would really like them to try to explain why the anomalies exist and to release the video footage as I'm still adamant that something's wrong here despite the laser snaps, or in fact because of the timings on them.
I went through purgatory with the police lying in court many years ago, as the longer serving members will remember. Can't afford to, nor do I want to get strung out to dry by them again. Barstewards. It's only a matter of time before all vehicles will be tracked as soon as they drive away and every offence will result in fines. God help my grandkids as I'll be gone when they fall into the system.

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
Slapdash
post Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 12:31
Post #43

Member No.: 86,040

Go to the area armed with a tape, chalk and camera. Mark and measure (which may be easier said than done). If the distance is substantially less than 111 feet this may start to cast doubt.

+Quote Post
Manx_Tom
post Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 14:10
Post #44

Member No.: 109,598

QUOTE (localdriver @ Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 11:17) *
Are you sure of the location? The pictures in post 34 have a traffic light in the background. The streetview link in that post show roundabout without traffic lights.

Surely those lights are for the pedestrian crossing just after/just before the exit/entrance to the roundabout? Isn't it quite clear from streetview?

+Quote Post
StationCat
post Sat, 18 Jun 2022 - 16:21
Post #45

Member No.: 66,671

Looks like a classic case of they got you before you saw them, hence you were doing 50 mph but slowed to 37 on seeing the camera. I won't bore everybody with the calculation but that speed reduction in the distance you quoted is perfectly reasonable.

It looks like the roundabout has a 40 limit so I'm not sure what signs you meant in your original post. The distance for the first shot is right if the van was on the grass and you were after the roundabout (see attached image). There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the images you provided.

Perhaps vehicle tracking with automatic fines for offending might encourage some people to drive in a safer manner and reduce the number of serious injury and fatal collisions on the roads.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things" - Isaac Newton

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 02:38
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here