Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Red light camera and nip to old address
Dxwson
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 17:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,407

New here

However I can’t get my head around what to do here as it just keeps stressing me out.
First of all on Tuesday 9th April I jumped a red light(stupid I know) on the back roads of elvington(York) the lights job was to make the bridge a one way traffic as it’s not wide enough. Instantly I thought about the outcome of 3 points and the £100 fine because of the cameras I saw. However there was that many cameras and CCTV units I don’t know if it was a camera. It wasn’t the obvious big yellow box on the side of the road, nor was there ANY related traffic signals signs ahead after going up and down the road to have a look.

Now this is where it’s getting complicated, I moved to my girlfriends house the Monday 8th and in the middle of changing all addresses. I’ve sent my log book off the Tuesday and sent the online form off for the driving license BUT I sent the application for my mail redirecting with Royal Mail the Monday and it said it takes around a week to start. So there’s quite a high chance that if I have been caught the NIP will be going to my old address which I have no access what’s so ever. What do I do then ? Is it possible to speak to the police and ask them if they keep a log or speak to DVLA? I’m just thinking of the worse here and this is what’s bugging me. I don’t know where I stand.

If I’m u clear on anything I apologise I’ll try my best to make it clear
Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 17:17
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
thisisntme
post Sat, 13 Apr 2019 - 09:57
Post #2

Member No.: 70,566

Do you hold the V5 for the car? If so then wait 14 days to find out if there were any consequences. If you lease the car or the car is registered to another party then you will have longer to wait.

--------------------
I reserve the right to be wrong.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Sat, 13 Apr 2019 - 11:31
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

Wait 14 days before contacting the police for the area, fixed penalty office, and quoting the registration number to see if a NIP has been sent out. This is not infallible and it would be best to check at the old address, regardless of any difficulties.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sat, 13 Apr 2019 - 11:45
Post #4

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (Dxwson @ Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 18:17) *
It wasn’t the obvious big yellow box on the side of the road, nor was there ANY related traffic signals signs ahead after going up and down the road to have a look.
ar on anything I apologise I’ll try my best to make it clear

There is no need for signs, so their absence is no defence.

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Sat, 13 Apr 2019 - 17:47
Post #5

Member No.: 1,326

It is unlikely you'll hear anything unless there was a red light camera, or a copper observing, but not impossible. Whereas CCTV cameras could technically be used to report a crime, I haven't heard on these boards of this actually happening.

Why not check the location on google maps and see what type of cameras there are in street view?

It is possible to phone up the police and ask if there are any forthcoming NIPS, as Logician has suggested, but I wouldn't admit to having done anything.

It is possible a course might be offered instead of prosecution, if they did catch it, depending on how long you were into red.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 08:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here