PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help! Parking Ticket (UK P.A.O. Leeds)
tallgirl
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,879

I have reading other posts with interest and I am wondering what people will make of a ticket I have been issued. Photo here: (for the reason - under with out valid permit or authority! the writing says 'photo of me leaving site')

The ticket was issued 2 minutes after I parked!
The carpark was for Maplin and other some other stores in Leeds. I did leave the site to use a post box but returned to use the stores. I did not read the detial on the signs so did not think leaving the site for a short time would result in a ticket.
(will get photo of sign later)
On reading the signs after the event the signs say parking is allowed for 1 hour and that leaving site is not allowed.

Does this need to be paid?

In leaving site I have not complied with the sign but it looks from others on the site that this is not enforceable??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
21 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (160 - 179)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
legaladviser
post Fri, 7 Dec 2007 - 15:57
Post #161

Member No.: 11,552

QUOTE (Abbie @ Fri, 7 Dec 2007 - 14:53) *
With regards to the CCTV footage - would they not be members of DPA if they can get my car registration details?

So only people with DPA registration are allowed to show any CCTV footage in court? That is interesting.

By the way the letter was from " Mr S Hall - Legal Enforcement Department" - sounds very important at any rate

They should be registered under the DPA to obtain your details from DVLA but the DVLA is not known for its discretion. They appear to provide details to every crook that forks out the fee, which is a disgrace.

The point about DPA registration for CCTV is that if they are not registered they will have obtained the footage unlawfully. That tends to destroy your credibility if it comes out in court and you could apply to have the evidence excluded.

Legal Enforcement Department, lol! He missed cook, bottlewasher, bullshitter, scammer and pie eater.

This post has been edited by legaladviser: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 - 15:58

+Quote Post
Adenuff
post Fri, 7 Dec 2007 - 16:48
Post #162

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Thu, 6 Dec 2007 - 15:59) *
£30 for the Moneyclaimonline cost.

Only £25 for MCOL for claim up to £300

£30 is the regular CC fee

+Quote Post
Barnsley Boy
post Sat, 8 Dec 2007 - 07:45
Post #163

Member No.: 14,403

QUOTE (Abbie @ Fri, 7 Dec 2007 - 14:53) *
By the way the letter was from " Mr S Hall - Legal Enforcement Department" - sounds very important at any rate

My "appeal" [actually a rufutation of any and all charges] was "rejected" by a Mr S Smith - Senior Appeals Administrator. By implication there must be at least one Appeals Administrator and perhaps a Junior Appeals Administrator.

Just how big are these council terrace houses in Stanningley - this one must be enormous to hold all those people.

This post has been edited by Barnsley Boy: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 - 09:24

+Quote Post
daratoma
post Mon, 10 Dec 2007 - 19:45
Post #164

Member No.: 15,837

Just got back into town. Have taken photo of ;"Disabled Bay" . No clear definition as other lines crossing this. I assume this can be added to defence that bay is not clearly marked.....Am I just looking for a defence where in reality, it doesn't warrant any further defence other than ignoring UKPAO demands.

+Quote Post
bama
post Mon, 10 Dec 2007 - 20:03
Post #165

Member No.: 4,323

QUOTE (daratoma @ Mon, 10 Dec 2007 - 19:45) *
Just got back into town. Have taken photo of ;"Disabled Bay" . No clear definition as other lines crossing this. I assume this can be added to defence that bay is not clearly marked.....Am I just looking for a defence where in reality, it doesn't warrant any further defence other than ignoring UKPAO demands.

you still don't get it I think.
Have you read the PPC FAQ ? are there ANY parts of it you don't believe ?

UK PAO (and any and all other scumbags PPCs) could not win ANY properly defended case. scumbags PPCs seem to slip one in now again when they have 'sensed' enough fear in their victims that they think the case will be uncontested. And then garner the PR fake story just as Pieman tried to pull the wool over the eyes of the press and the public recently.

anyone who comes here and just takes their time to read the facts knows they are on safe ground and the scumbag PPC won't turn up.
We still have NO incidence whatsoever on record of a scumbag PPC even turning up for a properly defended case.

Just ignore them. Steve Hall (Hiya Steve smile.gif ) has his hands full dealing with the nuking Abbie will give in Court. He doesn't want another public drubbing to go with the One Abbie will dish out.

This post has been edited by bama: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 - 20:03

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
daratoma
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 08:35
Post #166

Right, so essentially they will have to justify damages in favour to them caused by the breach, in this case by parking in a disabled bay. I can't see any substance to a damages claim.

+Quote Post
Herts Hammer
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 10:38
Post #167

Member No.: 13,405

Before they could even attempt to justify damages, they'd have to show that a contract existed. And even then, a contract between themselves and the registered keeper, not just with the driver.

They can't do these things, which is why a properly defended case will always always see the scammer leave empty handed.

All they're trying to do is enforce an invoice for payment. If you never agreed to the terms by which they 'offer' their service, why should you pay?

+Quote Post
daratoma
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 11:52
Post #168

So if they can prove, by CCTV or photo you were the driver, or even on the balance of probability, then what?

+Quote Post
legaladviser
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 12:09
Post #169

Member No.: 11,552

These matters should be discussed in PM as there is a current case ongoing. We know the scammers visit this site. We should not give them ammunition by discussing features of the defence. Plus and I do not mean any disrespect by this daratoma, you are a new poster and we have had frequent attempts in the past by private parking companies to infiltrate the forums. As I say no disrespect intended. Perhaps you could post up the ticket you have received, obscuring personal info and tell a little more of the circumstances (but not enough to identify you).

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 13:22
Post #170

Member No.: 13,307

Dear All

Well to keep you up to date on the progress.....

I have had the Allocation Questionnaire in which is basically the form to let the Court know where to place the trial, any expert witnesses required and any experts. Any one feel up to being an expert - i think that there are a few on here that could give the Judges a run for their money!

The mockery of the whole thing is that it is going to prob cost me £45 to file the Allocation Questionnaire!! Long live the British Judicial system!

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 13:28
Post #171

Member No.: 1,131

Keep adding it onto your costs. Make sure the judge hits them for your costs when the case is dismissed.

+Quote Post
DW190
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 13:42
Post #172

Member No.: 436

QUOTE (Abbie @ Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 13:22) *
Dear All

I have had the Allocation Questionnaire in which is basically the form to let the Court know where to place the trial, any expert witnesses required and any experts. Any one feel up to being an expert - i think that there are a few on here that could give the Judges a run for their money!

The mockery of the whole thing is that it is going to prob cost me £45 to file the Allocation Questionnaire!! Long live the British Judicial system!

I seem to remember seeing that the allocation fee is not payable for claim of less than £1000. I may be wrong.

--------------------
DW190

BLUNT PENCILS ARE MORE RELIABLE THAN SHARP MEMORIES

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||
|www.PePiPoo.com_||'""|""\_____
|_________________||__ |__|____|)
|(@) |(@)""**|(@)(@)**|(@)|(@)

Frequently Asked Questions

+Quote Post
jdfi
post Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 13:58
Post #173

Member No.: 13,384

QUOTE (daratoma @ Mon, 10 Dec 2007 - 19:45) *
Am I just looking for a defence where in reality, it doesn't warrant any further defence other than ignoring UKPAO demands.

Fully correct. If you've had a ticket, do as the boss says, and he and others will help - but unless there is something special, you already know what the advice will be.

CCTV evidence would only be of use if it carefully showed you reading and considering their invitation to treat, then getting out your quill pen, stabbing yourself, and signing your name in blood.

Do not worry.

--------------------
Everyone on this forum (even those who may be professionally qualified as something) give advice that is their laymans' opinion. This is given without liability. Everyone will assume you are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and try to assist you if they can. Photos of signs/the area and scans of documents can help. Never throw anything away even if trivial! Tell all your friends about PePiPoo please!

+Quote Post
daratoma
post Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 02:21
Post #174

Well, having had 11hrs of flight time, plenty of thoughts. bama is right, just thinking about how a contract can be enforced and what needs proving is just beyond the PPC's. Everyone stickered by them need do nothing.

+Quote Post
bama
post Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 10:22
Post #175

QUOTE (daratoma @ Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 02:21) *
Well, having had 11hrs of flight time, plenty of thoughts. bama is right, just thinking about how a contract can be enforced and what needs proving is just beyond the PPC's. Everyone stickered by them need do nothing.

Apart from a Denial letter to any 'DCA' if invoked.
we wouldn't want any more scumbags PPCs sneaking in the odd judgement by default (undefended) through the back door would we ?

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
Adenuff
post Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 11:19
Post #176

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE (Abbie @ Tue, 11 Dec 2007 - 13:22) *
Dear All

Abbie, you don't pay to file Allocation Questionaire- the Claimant does unless the case is proceeding on a counterclaim only. Even then there is no fee for cases below £1500 as DW190 mentions above

This post has been edited by Adenuff: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 11:24

+Quote Post
Barnsley Boy
post Sun, 13 Jan 2008 - 09:42
Post #177

Member No.: 14,403

Any update on this anybody?

Has Abbie got a court date yet?

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Wed, 16 Jan 2008 - 08:28
Post #178

Member No.: 13,307

Nope!! No Court date as yet.

The $^£"% were due to file an Allocation Questionnaire on 27 December 2007 and failed to do so....

The Court then allowed them until 11 January 2008 to do so.....

I called on Monday 14 January 2007 to be told to call back in the afternoon as nothing had arrived in the post only to be told later in the afternoon that they had faxed something over last minute...!!

Does mean they are determined or do they think that when i get the Court date that i am going to roll over and say "Oh UK PAO i am so scared I will pay you all my money".

Well UK PAO boys if you are reading this I refrain from commenting...you will have to wait and see!

+Quote Post
bama
post Wed, 16 Jan 2008 - 12:48
Post #179

my bet is:
they watch this thread. they know their only hope is in 'pulling a fast one' on the court date to trick into being an undefended situation. Abbie is all over this so they have no chance of that.

They will lose, we have known this from the outset.

Hey ! maybe after the case they should be reported to the '2 regulatory bodies' that other PPCs refer to.. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
daratoma
post Fri, 18 Jan 2008 - 09:14
Post #180

Recently was at one of UK PAO sites and referred 2 ticketed citizens to this site. Couldn't help it.
No news from me as yet.
Go Abbie.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 10:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here