Middle lane hogging - careless?
southpaw82
post Fri, 8 Nov 2019 - 12:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,483

What do we think?

Some observations:

For it to be careless, it has to fall below the standard expected of a competent and careful driver.

For it to be without reasonable consideration, some other person actually has to be inconvenienced.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Start new topic
Replies (120 - 124)
Advertisement
post Fri, 8 Nov 2019 - 12:34
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Today, 12:08
Post #121

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (mike5100 @ Wed, 20 Nov 2019 - 11:55) *
Not sure whether it was on here or another forum that we were 'collecting' possible valid reasons for staying in the middle lane, but here's one anyway. In most circumstances I will stay in the middle lane if I'm approaching a slip road that is joining the main carriageway. This allows joiners a better chance of doing so smoothly. In fact I noticed that in some EU countries (Holland and Germany I think), the authorities also think it's a good idea as they paint a solid white line between lane 1 and lane 2 so that if you are in Lane 2 you are not allowed to return to lane 1 until well past the junction.
Mike

Moving to lane 2 to help traffic joining lane 1 is a perfectly valid reason, don't know about you but I was taught to do so by my driving instructor.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Today, 13:01
Post #122

Member No.: 18,483

Don’t be introducing logic into a thread that would do well in the comments section of the Daily Hate .

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
jdh
post Today, 13:42
Post #123

Member No.: 1,224

I can remember being stuck in a stationary queue on an on slip once due to an impregnable line of cars in L1 on the mainline that were themselves backed up from the next off slip. L2 & L3 were empty but we just couldn't get across to them.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Today, 14:09
Post #124

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Wed, 20 Nov 2019 - 12:08) *
QUOTE (mike5100 @ Wed, 20 Nov 2019 - 11:55) *
Not sure whether it was on here or another forum that we were 'collecting' possible valid reasons for staying in the middle lane, but here's one anyway. In most circumstances I will stay in the middle lane if I'm approaching a slip road that is joining the main carriageway. This allows joiners a better chance of doing so smoothly. In fact I noticed that in some EU countries (Holland and Germany I think), the authorities also think it's a good idea as they paint a solid white line between lane 1 and lane 2 so that if you are in Lane 2 you are not allowed to return to lane 1 until well past the junction.
Mike

Moving to lane 2 to help traffic joining lane 1 is a perfectly valid reason, don't know about you but I was taught to do so by my driving instructor.

I was taught not to when learning to drive HGV, got to say once I passed my test I ignored that bit of advice

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Today, 14:33
Post #125

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Wed, 20 Nov 2019 - 13:01) *
Don’t be introducing logic into a thread that would do well in the comments section of the Daily Hate .

You've unleashed a monster! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 20th November 2019 - 17:24
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.