Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

parking eye no ticket just straight to Equita letter, PPC tickets
mr scissors
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 21:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,971

Bit of guidance needed please folks...

I got a letter from Equita a couple of days ago that told me I had an outstanding parking charge and I needed to pay £160 pounds etc. etc. they then include the Bevis V Parking eye legal bumf. It was so vague with no dates or vehicle info that i thought it was some kind of phish scam. I check on parking eye's website and using the client ref no. i was able to see that I had been clocked leaving the car park 16mins after parking eye thought I should have done.

My problems are these: -

1. I genuinely did not receive any letters from parking eye. The alleged offence was at the start of October and i didn't get the threatening letter from Equita till 6th of Jan! more than 14 weeks!

2. The phone pay parking system was still running summer prices even though it should have been in winter mode and I paid £10 (£2 more than I should have done.) which at winter prices would have got me 8hrs. at summer prices £10 is 6hrs. i parked for 6hrs and 7mins.

3. the App says that my parking finished 7 mins before I was clocked driving out of the site, not the 16 that Parking eye thinks.

4. I (stupidly?) called the Equita number to see how long they had had the case and they said they had no idea about the time of the "offence", they had just received it recently, but it was needing payment.

5. I check on the appeal site and they said that the PNC are not allowed to mention Bevis v parking eye on the notice, but Equita have it with some other "worrying" legal jargon. Is this a loop hole for parking eye?

Does it sound like I've got a good case if I appeal? should I just ignore? And do I have any support with the new GDPR rules as I didn't give permission to parking eye to pass on my info to Equita?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 21:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 22:39
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Does it invite an appeal?

GDPR doesn't help you - other than you can submit a subject access request.

Is your v5 correct?

Never call them - their only aim is for you to pay.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 18 Jan 2019 - 00:00
Post #3

Member No.: 96,238

Always ignore debt collectors

ParkingEye passes cases to Equita if doesn't want to take them to court
The description of your case strongly suggests that applies here

The 16 minutes v 7 minutes difference is because ParkingEye holds that your parking expired six hours after your arrival, not at the expiry time stated by the app

+Quote Post
mr scissors
post Fri, 18 Jan 2019 - 00:49
Post #4

Member No.: 101,971

Hi,
Thanks for replies.
V5 is correct and Equita must have got my address from somewhere, so why couldn't parking eye.
Is not actually sending a letter a method of escalating it straight to the debt collector phase as I suppose quite a few people say they never got the letter when they appeal even if they did.
It doesn't mention anywhere on the letter that I can appeal. Is that a thing?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 18 Jan 2019 - 06:52
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

Ask the DVLA who (and when) your records were accessed.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 23:17
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here