PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speeding caught on Gatso
Polite_Zombie
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 08:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,922

Hi, in beginning of January I been caught on Gatso camera doing 38 mph on 30 mph road. I did fill in form and ticked box that I want to attend courses, beside of that I wrote very polite letter with apologies and kindly asked to send me to courses instead of adding points on my licence.
Based on your experience can you just give me some feedback about my matter and how likely is that I will be sent to courses instead of points and penalty, because after I send letter I started to think maybe they don`t want to receive any letters with apologise?
I`m below two years with my driving licence, so that means if I will have 3 points that will leave me with big massive stress for next 5 months that I will be left only spare three points on my licence and reading this forum.
I do believe sometimes you can be dragged in situation which is not even your fault, but consequences will be on your shoulders to sort out.

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 08:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 08:39
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

I see no reason why a course wouldn't be offered unless the letter contained anything that cast doubt (to the speeding allegation or the driver).

A reply will normally take a few weeks.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 08:40

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Polite_Zombie
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 08:52
Post #3

QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 08:39) *
I see no reason why a course wouldn't be offered unless the letter contained anything that cast doubt (to the speeding allegation or the driver).

A reply will normally take a few weeks.

Just to make it clear, please see below what I wrote in the letter:

To: Fixed penalty support unit

Re: Intended Prosecution DocRef:****

I am writing this letter for the over-speeding incident I recently had. I wanted it to be clear that I
completely respect the law and also those who uphold it. As a responsible citizen, I recognise my
mistake and am writing to admit the same. Please consider this a formal apology for my speeding.

I want you to know this is my first and last traffic violation ever since I received my license. I would
be grateful if you would consider me for a driver education course instead of adding points on my
licence, if that's possible, however, if not, I understand.

I truthfully remorse my inadequate action which lead to recorded speeding of 8mph during my trip to work.

Signature

Why I`m sh***ing myself is that my insurance can rocket up (due to renew in next 2 months time) as well...

+Quote Post
AntonyMMM
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:07
Post #4

Member No.: 37,614

Assuming this is in England/Wales (Scottish cases are different) then courses are offered depending on the level of speed (up to 43 in a 30 limit), and your eligibility (not done one in the last 3 years). Your letter would make absolutely no difference one way or the other.

If you had made any suggestion that you weren't speeding, or might not be the driver, that would be an issue.

This post has been edited by AntonyMMM: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:08

+Quote Post
Polite_Zombie
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:14
Post #5

QUOTE (AntonyMMM @ Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:07) *
Assuming this is in England/Wales (Scottish cases are different) then courses are offered depending on the level of speed (up to 43 in a 30 limit), and your eligibility (not done one in the last 3 years). Your letter would make absolutely no difference one way or the other.

If you had made any suggestion that you weren't speeding, or might not be the driver, that would be an issue.

I was aware of that and as you can see I completely admitted my fault, didn`t tried to dispute it and only apologised for this. + admitted I was the driver without any excuse.

It happened in London suburbs

This post has been edited by Polite_Zombie: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:15

+Quote Post
Logician
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 09:57
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

I fully expect you to be offered a course on the basis of your speed in that case, assuming you have not previously done one. Be aware that a small number of insurers (Admiral group companies only as far as I am aware) require you to notify then if you take a course.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 23rd May 2018 - 11:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.