PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

fined twice same trip, speeding fine
guysecretan
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,689

I was fined 100 twice for driving 26 in a 20. I was picking up my grand daughter and taking her back from my daughters. I have received two 'notice of prosecution' letters. Any advice welcome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:52
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:54
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Is this in two different directions or have you received 2 NIP's for the same offence?

You don't get a 'per trip' speeding allowance but under certain conditions it may be considered a single continuous offence - but more details please...

I'm also assuming you thought it was a 30mph limit? Was the signage sufficient?

This post has been edited by Jlc: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:56

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
guysecretan
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:58
Post #3

It was two different trips on the same day in opposite directions on the same road.

QUOTE (Jlc @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:54) *
Is this in two different directions or have you received 2 NIP's for the same offence?

You don't get a 'per trip' speeding allowance but under certain conditions it may be considered a single continuous offence - but more details please...

I'm also assuming you thought it was a 30mph limit? Was the signage sufficient?

It was two different trips on the same day in opposite directions on the same road.
The signage is not that good no but on the NOP it says this is not a sufficient excuse.

received two NOPS for two separate offences

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:01
Post #4

QUOTE (guysecretan @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:58) *
The signage is not that good no but on the NOP it says this is not a sufficient excuse.

Really? Can they really make this judgment? What's the location?

Anyway, there doesn't appear to be an argument for a single offence. If it's England/Wales then you'll likely see an offer for a course and one fixed penalty (3 points £100).

This post has been edited by Jlc: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:01

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:08
Post #5

Member No.: 36,528

Difficult to consider it a continuous journey unfortunately. You could try sending both responses back in the same envelope with a note pointing out that had the offences not occurred on the same day, you would have been warned by receiving the first one that there was a 20mph limit in force and would have had a chance to modify your driving in that area before committing a second offence, and therefore requesting the two offences be considered as one offence.
They are unlikely to accede but worth asking. Otherwise you may get the offer of a course for one offence, provided you have not done a course for an offence in the last three years, and a fixed penalty for another. Some areas, I do not know if it is all, have a separate course for 20mph limits, if that applies a general course in the last three years may not count.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NewJudge
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:10
Post #6

Member No.: 23,623

I'm confused.

QUOTE (guysecretan @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:52) *
I was fined 100 twice for driving 26 in a 20. I was picking up my grand daughter and taking her back from my daughters. I have received two 'notice of prosecution' letters. Any advice welcome.

If you have already been fined then you must have responded to the Notice of Intended Prosecution and the accompanying Request for Driver's details (presumably naming yourself as the driver). Have you paid the £200? If so, the matter is done and dusted and no amount of advice will help.

If (as I suspect) I've got it wrong, what exactly has happened so far?

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:39
Post #7

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (NewJudge @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:10) *

I suspect its a misuse of terminolgy ( particularly use of the word FINE) so perhaps the OP. can lay out a list of events as they happened and tell us what paperwork he received and post scans of them with the usual parts blocked out.

+Quote Post
guysecretan
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 13:03
Post #8

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:39) *

I suspect its a misuse of terminolgy ( particularly use of the word FINE) so perhaps the OP. can lay out a list of events as they happened and tell us what paperwork he received and post scans of them with the usual parts blocked out.

Okay I have received two notice of prosecution letters I have not filled anything out nor sent any money I have only viewed the images online. I think the other poster above has a point. I think it is kind of unfair to be caught twice on the same day on the same road as it is a main road but a twenty limit as it is near a primary school. I was only doing 26 and obv will not speed on that road in the future. I am going do the speed awareness course but am I right that you can only do that For one of them? For the other one I will have to take the points and pay the 100.

+Quote Post
AntonyMMM
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 13:32
Post #9

Member No.: 37,614

QUOTE (guysecretan @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 13:03) *
I am going do the speed awareness course but am I right that you can only do that For one of them? For the other one I will have to take the points and pay the 100.

Correct

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 11:27
Post #10

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 20:39) *

Okay I have received two notice of prosecution letters I have not filled anything out nor sent any money I have only viewed the images online. I think the other poster above has a point. I think it is kind of unfair to be caught twice on the same day on the same road as it is a main road but a twenty limit as it is near a primary school. I was only doing 26 and obv will not speed on that road in the future. I am going do the speed awareness course but am I right that you can only do that For one of them? For the other one I will have to take the points and pay the 100.

So the letters you have received ...are they asking ( for both events) you to supply the details of who was driving the vehicle ( or have you already done that bit?) ....You need to respond to these requests within the timescale detailed on the letters else you get yourself in a bit of bother .!!!!!

This post has been edited by StuartBu: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 11:30

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 12:33
Post #11

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (AntonyMMM @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 14:32) *
I am going do the speed awareness course but am I right that you can only do that For one of them? For the other one I will have to take the points and pay the 100.

Correct

Just to add, that yes, that is true. However most areas use the dedicated 20limit course which will allow you to do a ‘normal’ awareness course if you get caught in the next 3 years braking a non 20 limit.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 12:38
Post #12

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (guysecretan @ Wed, 21 Feb 2018 - 19:58) *

Either it complies, or it does not.

If you got caught in each direction, chances are it complies, unless they got the whole road poorly signed.

Can you post a link to GSV for the road concerned?

This post has been edited by peterguk: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 12:39

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 12:59
Post #13

QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 12:38) *
Either it complies, or it does not.

That's the trouble nowadays with TSGRD 2016. Does it sufficiently convey the prevailing limit? It's more subjective than objective perhaps...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 09:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here