Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Careless Driving
chris2490
post Sat, 23 Sep 2017 - 21:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,382

Hi,

I was involved in an accident in April this year, stopped to turn into a side road upon doing so pulled in front of an oncoming vehicle and crashed head on. Police were called to which I admitted full responsibility etc was told they would pop out for a chat in a few days to which she did. Explained that at the time I was working 7pm - 10pm then up again at 2am to start work at 4-8am had been doing this for quite a while due to debt that we needed to clear.

I have now quit my morning job and will never drive on only a few hours sleep again. Anyways, was told she would recommend in her report that I write a letter of apology and that would be that, I wrote the letter posted it etc. heard nothing more until I received a letter last month Dated the 25th of August inviting me to do a course which i'm happy to do however this is were the problem now lies.

I took 3 weeks holiday from work in August to which my employer decided to mess up my pay and not pay me correctly, by time I received the letter (I get paid 4 weekly) all my outgoings had gone out and what was left was for insurance and petrol for work. I then attempted to book a course for the 10th October but was told that balance would need to be paid in full by the 26th, and I dont get paid until the 27th. and was told I'd loose my slot and also my deposit so could not do that. there were no other available courses in my area so I rang the number on the letter.

I was informed that a council local to me hold these courses and that the next one would be on the 20th of October which is fantastic as it works well around work etc. this is where the problem lies I rang the council only to be told they would ring me back as they had a backlog of people to get through this was around 2 weeks ago, rang again last week I was again told the same and rang again on the Monday only to be again told they would get back to me. Rang the number on the letter again they kindly rang the council for me and told me to ring straight back and they would book me on the course there and then.....rang up again and yet again told to leave my details and somebody would get back to me.

Today I went online to view if any other courses would be available to find that this course is now available but only 5 spaces left, I attempted to view more information I was then asked to register with another site entered my drivers number etc. I then went to ring my dad who offered to pay for the course to secure my place to which the website logged me out.

I now cant log back in as its saying that I must be booked onto a course and when attempting to recover my password the website just crashes bearing in mind that I didnt pay for the course and the website basically said I had so long to pay before loosing my spot and I'd have to re book.

Giving that I only have until the 24th October I'm now getting paranoid that i'll loose my license (I have 3 points already for speeding) and giving the hours in which I start/finish no public transport is available.

If it did go to court what would the likely outcome be? both vehicles were a write off, police said that there were no injuries

Would the police extend the time I have to take the course? giving that now it wont even allow me to log in book & pay now that I have the means to do that and theres only 1 course available from now until the 24th October when I have to complete it by.

Thanks

Chris

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 12:59
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here