4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Liverpool Airport - Parking Charge Notice- Vehicle Control Services Limited
Christian_d
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 12:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,484

Now then. I got this from VCS Limited. £60 for picking up the parents from Liverpoool Airport after sunning themselves up in Spain.

I'll post up the full story later as there's a little more to it.

Will need some opinions on whether to hard or soft appeal to POLPLA. I actually spoke to the guy in the van the took the photo. What a mean old dude he was too.

I'll write up the other info later, but in the meantime, please feel free to view before I file the original and cut this scanned one into squares so I can pop it on a nail in my outside toilet.

This post has been edited by Christian_d: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:00
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 12:19
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 12:40
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Christian_d @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 12:19) *
Will need some opinions on whether to hard or soft appeal to POLPLA. I actually spoke to the guy in the van the took the photo. What a mean old dude he was too.

You have to appeal to VCS first and get a POPLA code. So it's either soft appeal to VCS and hard appeal to POPLA or hard appeal to VCS.

...or just ignore it.

ps you've left your VRM in the text

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
stockyvillage
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 14:08
Post #3

Member No.: 57,974

Now then. I got this from VCS Limited. £60 for picking up the parents from Liverpoool Airport after sunning themselves up in Spain.

I'll write up the other info later, but in the meantime, please feel free to view before I file the original and cut this scanned one into squares so I can pop it on a nail in my outside toilet.

PM me .You have nothing to worry about..I know

This post has been edited by southpaw82: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:44

+Quote Post
Gan
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 14:46
Post #4

Member No.: 27,239

No disrespect intended to Stockyvillage

OPs are advised to be cautious regarding what they share in PM correspondence with members that have a small number of posts

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 16:17
Post #5

Member No.: 52,178

Probably nothing that would make a difference, though.

You have been sent a "parking charge notice", yet you were picking up, not parking - inconsistency #1.

They are alleging that you have contravened a contract, which somehow picks up this charge. Were you aware of entering a contact? Unlikely. They will claim that by driving past some signs at 0mph, which have densely packed text is a small font, you have read and accepted their terms. That is clearly not possible, so they would have the devil's own job in convincing anyone that a contract was offered and accepted. And in any case, as VCS well know (having been told this in a court of record), they are not in a position to be offering contracts anyway, as they do not have sufficient interest in the land.

The easiest approach is simply to ignore them. Appeal if you want, with subsequent POPLA appeal, all safe in the knowledge that you won't be paying anything.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 16:22
Post #6

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 16:17) *

Probably nothing that would make a difference, though.

True, but we want to hear it! laugh.gif In the good old days they would have got a clamp out and extorted cash...

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 16:17) *
And in any case, as VCS well know (having been told this in a court of record), they are not in a position to be offering contracts anyway, as they do not have sufficient interest in the land.

Have a search for VCS and Toothbrushes... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Jlc: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 16:23

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Christian_d
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 17:45
Post #7

QUOTE (stockyvillage @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 14:08) *

Feel free to PM me if you like but won't reply for obvious reasons - if you have a bit of juicy gossip, feel free to share to all.

+Quote Post
axeman
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 18:21
Post #8

Member No.: 11,071

QUOTE (Christian_d @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 17:45) *

Feel free to PM me if you like but won't reply for obvious reasons - if you have a bit of juicy gossip, feel free to share to all.

DO NOT PM any member with less than 1,000 posts, just a simple security measure

--------------------
NOTICE The content of this post and of any replies to it may assist in or relate to the formulation of strategy tactics etcetera in a legal action. This post and any replies to it should therefore be assumed to be legally privileged and therefore must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to outside of the PePiPoo forum on which it was originally posted additionally it must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to by any person or organisation other than a member of PePiPoo appropriately paid up and in full compliance with the PePiPoo terms of use for the forum on which it was originally posted. The PePiPoo terms of use can be found at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=boardrules. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are reading this material in any form other than an on-line HTML resource directly and legitimately accessed via a URL commencing "http://forums.pepipoo.com" then it has been obtained by improper means and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. If the material you are reading does not include this notice then it has been obtained improperly and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. Your attention is drawn to the Written Standards for the Conduct of Professional Work issued by the Bar Standards Board particularly under heading 7, "Documents".

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved" and do not constitute legal advice. Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
Gan
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 18:44
Post #9

Member No.: 27,239

QUOTE (axeman @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 18:21) *

DO NOT PM any member with less than 1,000 posts, just a simple security measure

That number's creeping up
It was 300 not long ago, which is enough to exclude about 99.5% of the members

Always worth checking the profile, or running a search on a member to see the nature of the contributions

+Quote Post
Oscar21
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 19:00
Post #10

Member No.: 3,846

The vrm is still in the first picture.

+Quote Post
stockyvillage
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 19:12
Post #11

QUOTE (Gan @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 14:46) *
No disrespect intended to Stockyvillage

OPs are advised to be cautious regarding what they share in PM correspondence with members that have a small number of posts

I understand that Gan.But if you check the previous posts about JLA.

Sent you a PM.Please respect my wishes and keep out of public eye for time being

This post has been edited by stockyvillage: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 19:21

+Quote Post
Christian_d
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:45
Post #12

The full story.

I drove down the approach road and genuinely didn't even see their signs. I waited just off the roundabout right near the airport and popped the car on the grass, just like I normally do. I'm sat in the car and see headlights of a van pull up right behind with his full beam on beeping the horn. I thought WTF, you've got enough room to go around me so go forth, I didn't move the car (well fiancé’s big black fun bus, but same thing). Anyway this guy then pulled up alongside me and stopped. It was a white Vivaro. He asked me to move into the car park as I've just got a £60 ticket. At that point he caught me 'off guard' as I didn't know if he was official airport parking enforcement. I then managed to read his van as he drove away.. . . . . . .I thought 'oh dear ticket number 1 maybe?'

I then decided to drive back up the road to have a look to see if there were any signs and indeed there were. How folk are meant to read those at 25-30 mph. There must have been 200 words on that sign and even the metal robot off the 80's film 'Short Circuit' would have struggled to read that lot in a moving vehicle. I read most of it but can't remember exactly what it said. I just saw VCS Limited and knew exactly what the situation was.

Anyway I was parked infront of the sign, out of his bloody controlled area and I see him approaching in his van. (I then wave as he parks up). I thought the cheeky little s**tbag is now taking another photo in an area which he's not even meant to be monitoring. Anyway , he parks up for about 2 mins and drives away.....Ticket number 2 perhaps??. I then let him park back up again at his little roundabout down the bottom of the road.

Just as I drive back down towards the airport (miffed at his cheek at working outside of his parameters) I needed to slow down considerably. He must have thought I'd stopped. He then decides to 'BATMAN' it back towards me on the other side of the road, (I think, to give me another invoice). It was at the moment we were level on either side of the carriage way that I drove off. This was purely coincidence you must understand. This must have upset him.... a lot.

As I drive back towards the airport I see the parents walking along the road and think 'oh dear got stop now' so I pull over to pick them up. You guessed it BATMAN returns this time flashing his headlight's and continuously beeping his horn like he's on some treble 9 call.

At that point I got out of the car and went to have a little chat "Can I ask why your following me around everywhere", I said. "Can I ask why your being a silly boy", he replied. This ****** me off big time, but I remained calm. You've now got three tickets for £180.00 "Well what a waste of money" I retorted. "I told you to park in the car park but you wouldn't listen" he replied. "No No No" I interrupted, "I didn't mean that, I meant your waste of £2.50 when you ask the DVLA for the info off the V5 and I laugh at your ridiculous claim. He started rambling about some other stuff which I didn't listen to and I told him to tell his boss that I'd offer him a new toothbrush because I've heard that he's been using his quite a lot lately. He looked utterly bemused huh.gif

I was very proud of myself for remembering the toothbrush joke but was begging all the way home that I hadn't made a mistake Re: the company name because the joke would have been on me. So much so that I told the Elders that they'd have to wait a sec whilst I pulled over into a bus stop and bobbed onto pepipoo on my mobile to check.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:59
Post #13

Brilliant. Trouble is they are probably catching hundreds of 'satisfied' customers that just pay up....... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christian_d
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 21:14
Post #14

QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:59) *
Brilliant. Trouble is they are probably catching hundreds of 'satisfied' customers that just pay up....... sad.gif

I know. It's a travesty. I tell everyone I know about what I've learnt from Pepipoo and that's all that we can do really.

+Quote Post
stockyvillage
post Wed, 9 Jan 2013 - 10:09
Post #15

QUOTE (Christian_d @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 21:14) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:59) *

I know. It's a travesty. I tell everyone I know about what I've learnt from Pepipoo and that's all that we can do really.

If you are doing a hard appeal do you want a copy of signage photographs (that are impossible to read whilst driving) at the entrance to the private land at jcn of Speke Hall Road and Dunlop Road

+Quote Post
Christian_d
post Fri, 25 Jan 2013 - 12:37
Post #16

Oh shucks. It seems I've missed the 28 day reply period.

Oh well, don't want the other half getting stressed so I sent them this today.

Hi,

APPEAL

I was the driver

ADDRESS PROVIDED HERE

I didn't see any signs, therefore I didn't enter into a contract.

Either way your letter refers to "car park terms and conditions" and at no point did I even enter a car park.

I will not remit your invoice unless instructed to do so by a judge.

Your invoice is refuted and I suggest you accept the appeal or send me a POPLA code, your choice entirely. tongue.gif

Regards

Christian

+Quote Post
Concrete Jungle
post Fri, 25 Jan 2013 - 12:56
Post #17

Member No.: 51,147

I have links to my favourite PPC saved in tribute to them in my signature. Should any newbies want to read about VCS big days out in court. wink.gif

--------------------
VCS v Ibbotson
Excel v Hetherington - Jakeman
ParkingEye v Riyaz Patel
Mayhook v National Car Parks & Nigel Barrington - Fuller

When posting on pepipoo do not reveal any information that may enable private parking companies to identify you. They DO trawl this forum. Redact your name, address, pcn number, date of alleged contravention, date on speculative invoice, vehicle reg, vehicle picture, time you allegedly entered car park, time you allegedly left car park, time limit on the car park, the amount of time you allegedly overstay and the address / location of the car park. Also redact any barcodes or QR codes (if present)

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 25 Jan 2013 - 12:59
Post #18

Indeed, you can invite them to bring their toothbrushes?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kerbdog
post Tue, 29 Jan 2013 - 17:29
Post #19

Member No.: 59,655

Last August my girlfriend got the exact same 'Invoice'. I told her to ignore it which she has, we got the 2nd letter stating it was now a bigger fine. Now, it was her car but she was getting off the plane and wasn't driving. Same thing, we were picked up. Now today she has got a debt collectors letter from Roxburghe stating they their client : "Vehicle Control Services" have instructed them that they have not yet received payment or any valid dispute and therefore it is now too late to pay the discounted amount. They also want her to get in touch within 14 days if she was not the driver or they will pass the matter to their solicitors Graham White. It also states : "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and various websites and you well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independent legal advice rather than rely on those opinions". Any thoughts !!!! They don't even know who the driver was and yet have 'invoiced' the owner who was not even on the ground at that time. I think they have changed their squirming tactics to make people panic. To be fair, my girlfriend is. I've told her I would pay it if there was a problem in the future by leaving it, which I won't have to do. Incidentally they now want her to pay £142. hahaha

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 29 Jan 2013 - 19:08
Post #20

QUOTE (kerbdog @ Tue, 29 Jan 2013 - 17:29) *
It also states : "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and various websites and you well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independent legal advice rather than rely on those opinions". Any thoughts !!!!

Yes, don't hijack someone else's thread...

They are hardly going to say that you should believe what the internet says are they now?

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 20:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here