PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tow legal for residential area?
supa
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 21:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,890

My dad was visiting overnight and parked in a residential parking bay which requires a permit 10am-2pm (in Canning town). We completely forgot to put the guest permit on his dashboard in the morning at 10 am, and didn't remember until around 12pm by which time we saw it had already been towed away.

Is it legal for them to tow? I thought he would have just got a PCN ticket but had to pay the £200 tow fee too (£265 total). It was properly parked in the bay and wasn't obstructing anything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 40)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 21:20
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
supa
post Today, 12:40
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,890

QUOTE (spaceman @ Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 11:32) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 20:17) *
When I collected my vehicle, I was given some paperwork to sign but nothing was explained to me about appeals, I accept the vehicle release form includes the words "I have been advised of my right to appeal against a parking penalty" but in reality I was not advised of any such right verbally, nor was I given any written documentation concerning how I might appeal. T

So why did he sign to say he had then?

Remember, adjudicators are judicial appointees and I can assure you they will totally disregard this comment if it ends up before them.

Does that part need to be changed? More importantly do I need to add about the towing being excessive since it was parked properly in a parking bay and there was a free space next to it, thus it not preventing other residents from parking? I'm not sure of the deadline but it will be posted from Kent so it will take a little longer to reach Newham council, I don't know if this is the final draft that should be posted?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 21st March 2019 - 12:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.