Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitigation Rejected; Faded Kerb Marks on Single Yellow
farjer
post Sat, 16 Nov 2019 - 15:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,965

Hello all, new to forum and this is my first post

I received a PCN from Croydon Council for parking a restricted zone code 01o...

I have diabetes and only stoped because a new diabetes drug caused low blood sugar and being new to hypos, I missed the initial signs due to the hot weather and went into stage two hypo... dizzy, blurred vision and confusion.

I pulled over, displayed my blue badge (parked one a single yellow line) went to the corner shop on the other side of the street and got chocolate/fizzie drink

Bottom line is the council rejected my mitigation... they said I am required to continue driving (even in a temporarily impaired medical state) until appropriate parking was found and people with diabetes are required to carry drugs food at all times. The council innored the fact that drugs/food takes time to act, they glossed over the fact the parking sign they relied upon had been struct by a vehicle, lean slightly over and facing the wrong way, further the kerb marking was so faded that it was not "visible by day or night"... My informal AND formal appeal were considered by the same person... Now looking at taking this matter to the Parking Appeal Tribunal

I think all of this is wrong and read somewhere that the informal and formal appeal should be considered by different people?

I took photos, but not sure how to upload them

Hope someone out there can please help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Sat, 16 Nov 2019 - 15:20
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 16 Nov 2019 - 15:27
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

We need to see the PCN, your challenge, their rejection, any council pics and a google street view of location.

Not sure from your account why an 01 was given.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like. Start by posting some of this at least.

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Sat, 16 Nov 2019 - 17:23
Post #3

Group: Closed
Member No.: 11,355

OP---- If you are Type 1 then a hypo is not mitigation it'a medical emergency.
If you are indeed Type 1 you need to read this:-

https://jdrf.org.uk/information-support/liv...y-life/driving/

Mick

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 16 Nov 2019 - 18:54
Post #4

Member No.: 74,048

If the code used is 01 then the BB exemption applies we must see photos PCN and GSV

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 16 Nov 2019 - 20:28
Post #5

Member No.: 42,618

Even if you had fast acting carbs in the car, you'd still have to stop and wait for them to take effect (DVLA recommends up to 45 minutes to ensure you have regained full cognitive functions). Driving during a hypo would be driving whilst impaired through drinks or drugs, which is a serious criminal offence that attracts a trip to criminal court and a mandatory driving ban. The moment you know your driving is impaired, you must stop. So the council's rejection is complete and utter tosh.

Upload the photos to an external site like imgur.com and post a link on here. We need to see the PCN and all the council's photos (normally found on the council website), your representations and the rejection letter in full (including all the "standard" wording). Also post up a link to the location on google street view (not a screenshot of google streetview, a link).

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 22:23
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here