PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is NIP out of date AND / OR wrong?, NIP sent over 2 months after alleged offence
elitepg
post Mon, 10 Jan 2022 - 12:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 115,312

Hi, I have received an NIP by email yesterday 09/01/22. It was sent by the subscription company (owner of the car I was renting) for an alleged offence on 08/11/21. The NIP states it was issued on 15/11/21 and that the company had 28 days to respond. I have therefore received this email (with the NIP attached and still addressed to the company) two months after the alleged incident and have now asked the company for evidence of date of receipt (as well as date of their response). Within the email, the company state they have provided my details to Kent Police however, upon contacting Kent Police today, KP have confirmed that they hold no details for me as they are yet to receive a response to the NIP from the company. As I am yet to receive anything in the post from KP is this NIP out of date - and conversely, will it be valid when it eventually makes it's way to me?

The offence: Driving 46mph during a 40mph variable speed limit on M25. Two images (0.35s interval apart) seem to show there is built up traffic and, as I am very careful of speed limits, I suspect I could not have been going over 35mph at the max but there is also a chance I missed the variable limit change. How can I calculate my speed based on the road markings? I'm concerned because I currently have 3 points on my license from 3 months ago (for doing 34 on a 30mph road) that I wish I contested at the time as it is a camera right outside my house which I suspect was faulty (again I really believed I was super careful with this camera but I was willing to accept I was in the wrong) but I can't afford to build up an additional 3 points if there is chance it could be wrong. The first two images also look dodgy as the cars to my front and rear (in the 3rd image) seem to have been edited out of the image?

I have been driving for over 15 years with not even a single ticket / no penalty record and suddenly having two incidents within 6 months seems to be a lot of bad luck sad.gif

Help much appreciated!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Mon, 10 Jan 2022 - 12:09
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 11 Jan 2022 - 21:28
Post #21

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Korting @ Tue, 11 Jan 2022 - 21:13) *
In other words DO NOTHING.

Well worth checking that the company have the right address for the OP, as they may have provided the wrong address otherwise.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Wed, 12 Jan 2022 - 07:27
Post #22

Member No.: 52,178

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Tue, 11 Jan 2022 - 21:28) *
QUOTE (Korting @ Tue, 11 Jan 2022 - 21:13) *
In other words DO NOTHING.

Well worth checking that the company have the right address for the OP, as they may have provided the wrong address otherwise.

Yet:
QUOTE (elitepg @ Mon, 10 Jan 2022 - 12:09) *
upon contacting Kent Police today, KP have confirmed that they hold no details for me as they are yet to receive a response to the NIP from the company.

So I'm with Korting on this one.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 12 Jan 2022 - 07:32
Post #23

Member No.: 317

As the Police shouldn't be discussing the matter with someone with no-known connection to the case I wasn't placing any reliance on that.

We see a lot of pain caused by wrong addresses being provided and checking is a simple process and well worth doing IMO.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 - 07:33

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 11:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here