PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Letter from Gladstones
misseyy
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,150

Hi. I have received this letter. I really need a robust response so they can leave me alone. This is in a residential car park where I am a tenant. A good 20 or so tenants including myself have been in a dispute with the housing association for the last six years about parking Since June 2017 the housing association have asked CPM to manage the car park, at the request of the leaseholders at the top of the estate.

As a result I have received a letter from Gladstones and seven other tenants have received claim forms from Northampton. My housing association has refused to help and has told tenants that they need to communicate directly with CPM. My HA is the land owner.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:08
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:37
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (misseyy @ Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:08) *
I really need a robust response so they can leave me alone.

There is none. A claim will follow.

It's all part of the roboclaim / intimidation process.

What does your lease say, exactly, about parking? However, you must use the PAP to your advantage.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:37

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:56
Post #3

Member No.: 32,130

Same as all the other Gladstones UKCPM cases that we see beaten on here pretty much every time when they go to court.

I really need a robust response so they can leave me alone.

Won't happen. Get wise! This WILL proceed to a claim and they are aiming to get that Claim Form to you just before Christmas in the hope you do not acknowledge it in time.

This is in a residential car park where I am a tenant. A good 20 or so tenants including myself have been in a dispute with the housing association for the last six years about parking
Since June 2017 the housing association have asked CPM to manage the car park, at the request of the leaseholders at the top of the estate.

Riiight, so if you tenants have been annoyed about people parking in your spaces, my answer to that would have been ''STOP COMPLAINING - be careful what you wish for''. Having a parking firm infesting your home estate is ten times worse than some little (unthreatening and just annoying, nothing else) issue about people parked in spaces, you know, (easily dealt with...). UKCPM will be damn hard to remove and are nasty ex-clampers who should not have been allowed within a mile of your cars. You will be harassed like this forever, while you live there, and your life will be a misery because of this threat, with PCNs being issued to you, neighbours, friends & family visiting you, the lot. And all sued.

Send those with claims here immediately, and/or tell them to ACKNOWLEDGE THE SERVICE of their claims within 14 days, as explained here on MSE in the second post:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...d.php?t=4816822

To you and the other tenants - when I said be careful what you wished for...this was not the way to go at all! NO PARKING FIRM! Apologies if you mean your dispute with the HA was in fact because you know the above, and hate PPC scammers, and disputed a previous bunch of scumbags all this time.

But the way I read it, you all had a lovely unrestricted car park and you caused the HA to bring in this private nuisance. Ouch, now you are stuck with this onerous threat. Anyway you are where you are (until you move out, and I would have given notice by now - seriously).

All you need to do is read other Gladstones UKCPM threads, and be ready to defend a court claim right around Christmas because this is what this scum industry does to people. However, if you follow what you see on all the hundreds of other similar threads on here, and on MSE forum, you will 99% likely win in the end. Send your neighbours here too, because you really need to fight these claims properly.

You can learn all you need from other Gladstones threads to save our typing fingers and to stop it being Groundhog Day on here as residential cases are done to death on this forum.

Do not reply if a poster sends you a Private Message offering a way to 'help off forum' and beware of one poster dominating all the residential threads with unsuitable pushy templates steering people in his direction so they all rely on him and hang on his every word - not good for a forum. You might see what I mean when you read all the other threads...

No half-baked counter claim (when it comes to Claim form stage) and no template reply needed.

Please stay on the forum and listen to all the regulars' advice and don't be steered by one poster alone.

As for this letter, it's a Letter Before Claim like all the others on here and on MSE, and just needs you to respond and say why you are not liable. And to send a SAR to the parking form to see their hand, so you'd be emailing the Parking firm for all data held, all letters sent, and all photos taken.

At least you have time.

Those poor neighbours with claim forms need to read the MSE 2nd post of that link above, and get themselves on one forum or the other immediately, defend, and win.

Show us your lease terms please (host it in Dropbox & link it) and if it says nothing about parking - guess what, that can be a good thing!

And show us a photo of the signs please, asap.

And tell us what the contravention was, not displaying a permit? Parking in a place that's ot a bay? Of so, where?

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 20:58

+Quote Post
misseyy
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 21:30
Post #4

I think you have misunderstood, we have been in a six year dispute with our HA as we are constantly getting tickets and have no permits even though we are residents. Before CPM, we had another ex clamper company, I managed to appeal through POPLA and get every ticket cancelled, the other tenants just ignored the tickets.

It was the lease holder who own and have paid for their own parking spaces who have bought in CPM to manage the car park. I am in the social housing part of the estate.
The car park is a free car park and my tenancy agreement says nothing about parking.

I know how these private parking companies are and how they operate.

I have advised all the other tenants to defend the claim and respond asap.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 21:44
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (misseyy @ Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 21:30) *
I think you have misunderstood, we have been in a six year dispute

Not sure what you're asking - but the point remains is that they'll continue to issue tickets and sue until the cows come home.

If they are operating out of their remit then you may have to seek an injunction to stop them.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 22:13
Post #6

I think you have misunderstood, we have been in a six year dispute with our HA as we are constantly getting tickets and have no permits even though we are residents. Before CPM, we had another ex clamper company, I managed to appeal through POPLA and get every ticket cancelled, the other tenants just ignored the tickets.

Glad to hear it, and sorry I didn't pick that up from your post. I saw you'd said UKCPM started last year and didn't mention a previous bunch of scammers. Poor you, and your neighbours, a horrible situation to live with at home. Glad to hear you are advising others to acknowledge the service of their claims to buy more time to defend.

The advice in my post still stands.

It was the lease holder who own and have paid for their own parking spaces who have bought in CPM to manage the car park.
Horrible idea.

The car park is a free car park and my tenancy agreement says nothing about parking.

What contravention is alleged?

+Quote Post
misseyy
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 20:36
Post #7

On the actual LBC there is no contravention, but I suspect that it was because I had no permit displayed.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 20:49
Post #8

Member No.: 16,066

So, you know not of what you stand accused?

Have you had a PCN/NTK? Is this the first correspondence you have received?

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:04
Post #9

What does your lease say and where was the permit?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here