PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Variable Limit Cameras M1 by Northampton.
Daz330cd
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,231

Good evening everyone. First post here so apologies if this has already been asked. I did do a quick search but couldn’t find an exact match to my question. So here it is.

I travel daily on the M1 from MK J14 to Crick J18. In the 3 years of the 50 limit i’ve had zero issues, however I’ve come unstuck this morning due to the variable speed limits. Most mornings it’s 60mph and indicated on the overhead gantry. Very often it will be reduced to 50 or 40 stating lane/lanes closure, so all lorries cars etc are moving into lanes 3 and 4 and continuing for several miles sometimes before it becomes apparent there’s no lane closures at all. This is what happened this morning, 60 down to 50 and I slowed, but not enough. I got flashed after a gantry. No roadworks, no workmen, nothing.

So is it still enforceable ? Anyone have any clue ?

Sorry for the long post tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:54
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:58
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Daz330cd @ Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:54) *
So is it still enforceable ?

Yes.

How long had it been since the limit had changed from 60?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Daz330cd
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 20:04
Post #3

QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:58) *
QUOTE (Daz330cd @ Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:54) *
So is it still enforceable ?

Yes.

How long had it been since the limit had changed from 60?

Maybe a few hundred yards, to start with the signs stated lane closure ahead, but there wasn’t. This has happened many times over the last month or two since the majority of the “Smart motorway” works has been completed. I’ve seen several times they’ve just finished some work during the night and have cleared up and on their way, I’m guessing last night was the same. They’d all cleared off and gone but were late changing the limits back to 60.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 20:35
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

There is a minimum of 10 seconds before enforcement of a reducing limit.

Will have to see if a NIP arrives.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 21:08
Post #5

Member No.: 1,326

You might well qualify for a SAC if you weren't much over, and haven't done one in three years. Have to wait and see if anything arrives in the post.

+Quote Post
Daz330cd
post Sat, 3 Feb 2018 - 09:33
Post #6

Yes the waiting game, will have to wait and see.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 04:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here