Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Highview Tesco parking ticket
Yoman
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 13:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,008

Date of offence - 17/04/2018

offence - parking without validation at the machine or longer than the maximum time limit

Date of the charge notice 11/05/2018

Date the letter was received 16/05/2018

From looking around elsewhere on this forum it seems that as it took longer than 14 days to get to the keeper, there is no keeper liability. That only the driver can be pursued and there is no obligation to name the driver.

Specifically I would use the advice from this http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=114945

Would it be best to appeal on their appeal website or through post? They recommend to appeal online at www.appealpcn.co.uk but is that site easy to navigate/use?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 13:04
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
kommando
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 13:56
Post #2

Member No.: 57,558

Online as it saves money, never used their site so can't comment on ease of use, take screenshots so you have proof of what you submitted. Make sure if it has drop downs it does not revert to Driver at any point as you are appealing as keeper only.

it took longer than 14 days to get to the keeper, there is no keeper liability. That only the driver can be pursued and there is no obligation to name the driver.

Correct

This post has been edited by kommando: Thu, 17 May 2018 - 13:58

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 14:45
Post #3

Member No.: 60,457

Yes, use the appeal that is in that thread. Send by email if you can get proof that the mail was delivered to their mail server otherwise send by mail, first class and get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office.

+Quote Post
Yoman
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 15:16
Post #4

Member No.: 98,008

Thanks for your replies.

Yes the very first question on their appeal site is confirming who the driver was. So to rather be safe than sorry I think I will just send by mail.

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 20:51
Post #5

Member No.: 59,842

QUOTE (Yoman @ Thu, 17 May 2018 - 16:16) *
Thanks for your replies.

Yes the very first question on their appeal site is confirming who the driver was. So to rather be safe than sorry I think I will just send by mail.

What were the other options?

Use the blue text template appeal (no additions/edits - use 'as is') from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 on the MSE forum, and you'll have a cancellation from HV within 24-48 hours. Fastest cancellation after forum appeal template - 2 hours!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpo...amp;postcount=1

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 18 May 2018 - 09:06
Post #6

Member No.: 15,642

If trapped into "revealing" the driver, call them out on their o vious trap in the appela - state you had no choice but to pick "I am the driver" or osme other such nonsense, and that in fact you are ONLY identifying yourself as the keeper, and the selection was only made in rder to be allowed the appeal process to continue.

Then you cpomplain tot he BPA. They CANNOT require driver id. WHEn the BPA do nothing, complain to the DVLA.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 28th May 2018 - 07:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.