Reply to this topicStart new topic
ZZPS Parking Fine, ZZPS Parking Fine
Theroadfool
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 20:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,933

Hi guys and gals...

I'm not actually new here, I joined years ago but I was having trouble logging-in for some reason!

You guys helped my friend in the past by advising them to ignore a private parking company fine so I figured I'd ask you again...

The local town car park used to be free but the cheeky buggers have made it pay and display and not put up sufficient signage in the hope they'll catch innocent Joe's.

So one night They parked in said car park and came out to find parking tickets on a majority of cars in the car park, including my friends car who I was meeting that night. Up until now they've ignored all the letters from 'ZZPS' but they've now left things in the hands of their solicitors 'QDR' who have contacted them with more threats.

Should They continue to ignore the threats or are they in trouble?

They're getting a bit annoyed with it all now, especially as they genuinely didn't know it had become a pay and display carpark and would've gladly paid for a ticket. It's definitely all been set-up to catch the general public out!

This post has been edited by Theroadfool: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 10:50
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 20:38
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
hexaflexagon
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 22:39
Post #2

Member No.: 76,816

We need a lot more information.
Upload:
1. Redacted pictures of the original windscreen ticket and any other communications you've receivd.
2. Pictures of the signs.

I'm assuming you've not sent ant communication but if so upload that too.

+Quote Post
Theroadfool
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 08:24
Post #3

QUOTE (hexaflexagon @ Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 22:39) *
We need a lot more information.
Upload:
1. Redacted pictures of the original windscreen ticket and any other communications you've receivd.
2. Pictures of the signs.

I'm assuming you've not sent ant communication but if so upload that too.

They don't have any photos of anything I'm afraid, and they haven't made any contact with anyone so far.

On another note they went back into the restaurant they'd just been to and they advised them to ignore the fine.

This post has been edited by Theroadfool: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 10:46

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 09:06
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

Ignoring the charge is not a good idea, it could end up in court. Did the offer to pay your court charge?

So to help we need something to go on rather than relying on the crystal ball. What is needed is the notice on the windscreen, the Notice to Keeper and pictures o the signs. For the signs take some without flash at night to show how unobvious they were and some in daylight so that they can be read. A Google Street View link is sometimes helpful.

P.S. It's not a fine, it's an invoice for an alleged breach of conditions.

+Quote Post
Theroadfool
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 10:13
Post #5

I suppose they've been a little naive assuming that a private parking company can't prosecute me, as that's what I've always been told in the past...

They can't currently find the original fine from the windscreen although they still have it somewhere. They can return to the scene of the crime if necessary for photos. They've had 3 warnings from the parking company and a letter from their solicitors giving them 14 days to pay £200 to save it going to court.

Should they ring them and settle up? Seems like they've been doing the wrong thing ignoring them??

This post has been edited by Theroadfool: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 10:45

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 10:34
Post #6

Member No.: 60,457

Edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use the phrase "The driver......". The parking companies read forums.

It's a fight back forum, not a "Just Pay" but some information is needed.

You must have a Notice to Keeper. Post that up.

Is the letter from the solicitor entitled "Letter before Claim"? If it is then the latest pre action protocol says they are supposed to give you 30 days to respond before proceeding to court. They are also supposed to supply details of all they will be relying on in court. Whose the solicitors?

If it is a LBC then you need to write back to them pointing out that they have failed to comply with the latest protocol and you also require that they supply you with the documents so that you can narrow the issues.

+Quote Post
hexaflexagon
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 15:07
Post #7

Member No.: 76,816

QUOTE (Theroadfool @ Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 10:13) *
I suppose they've been a little naive assuming that a private parking company can't prosecute me, as that's what I've always been told in the past...

They can't currently find the original fine from the windscreen although they still have it somewhere. They can return to the scene of the crime if necessary for photos. They've had 3 warnings from the parking company and a letter from their solicitors giving them 14 days to pay £200 to save it going to court.

Should they ring them and settle up? Seems like they've been doing the wrong thing ignoring them??

Uploading those letters they do have would be a start. We can't crystal ball this....

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 17:18
Post #8

Member No.: 78,368

and NEVER phone any of these PPC or solicitors you have no record of what was said and they will try to get information out of you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 01:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here