PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Wrong details on form
Red Devil5345
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 12:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,907

Hi. A freind of mine has recently got divorced but hasn't changed her name on her licence or log book from her married name back to her currently used maiden name. She has just received a speeding fine through the post in her married name. What will be her best course of action? Does she send the form back and inform them of her change of name at the same time or do the speed awareness course in her married name then change her details over afterwards?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 12:59
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 13:29
Post #2

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (Red Devil5345 @ Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 12:59) *
Hi. A freind of mine has recently got divorced but hasn't changed her name on her licence or log book from her married name back to her currently used maiden name. She has just received a speeding fine through the post in her married name. What will be her best course of action? Does she send the form back and inform them of her change of name at the same time or do the speed awareness course in her married name then change her details over afterwards?

I would suggest she attend the course in her married name. Changing would be an unnecessary complication.

Change her licence and V5, if she thinks it necessary, once the course has been completed.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 3 Dec 2019 - 14:12
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

I would suggest the safest course of action would be to notify the police of the change of name, either before or after the course. I don't know if the database that records the details of people who have taken a course is checked by name & dob, licence number or both, but you don't want to run the risk of being accused of trying to get a further course within a 3 year period.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here