Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN 01 for parking on double yellow with Blue Badge
muzammil
post Fri, 11 Jan 2019 - 18:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,482

Hi All

I received a PCN for parking on a double yellow partly on pavement.
I had clearly displayed my Blue badge and the timer.
There are no restrictions on the yellow lines and no signs either.
The location is https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6518912,-...3312!8i6656

As I thought it was a merely a mistake, I appealed online along the lines that it is a double yellow as I had clearly displayed my blue badge having come there at around 11:15.
However this was rejected and I received an email with the reply letter and the same pics.

I have gone through guidelines of Blue Badge parking and the general rule about parking on double yellow and unless I am missing something obvious, I do not understand why they have rejected my appeal.

They have also mentioned parking on pavements etc but I dont think the PCN is for that.. and in any case.. parking space is so limited that all in the evening almost the entire street and adjacent streets is parked on pavement.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 42)
Advertisement
post Fri, 11 Jan 2019 - 18:15
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
TigerRob
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 17:15
Post #41

Member No.: 69,269

QUOTE (muzammil @ Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 17:05) *
Have been to work today so just took a pic of the area that I had parked as I read on the thread that I was too near the dropped kerb.
Well the dropped kerb is not for the pedestrians use and also the kerb is no longer being used as a shop has come up there.
I wanted to upload a picture of this but am having problems as it says file larger than space.
Any advise if this is the cause of the PCN?

Sometimes last year Leicester City had put specific signs of parking on pavement on a parallel road "Doncaster Road" a bigger road than the one I had parked in but non the less, Specific signage was put showing the No Parking on Pavement and also where it ends. I have attached a pic.

I am just a bit nervous regarding waiting for the NtO.. No way I can further approach the parking enforcement to further clarify the PCN?

The PCN is for parking on the yellow lines. Dropped kerbs and pavement parking are irrelevant.

The Blue Badge gives you an exemption for parking on the yellow lines, so long as the badge is correctly displayed.

No need to make it any more complicated.

+Quote Post
Earl Purple
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 17:24
Post #42

Member No.: 39,245

The car is probably illegally parked by being on the pavement, but with a civil PCN, unless they use the correct code they cannot enforce the PCN.

As they issued a code of 01 it has to be shown to be a restricted street at the time.

+Quote Post
muzammil
post Wed, 16 Jan 2019 - 17:28
Post #43

Member No.: 83,482

So guessing by your responses.... I shall wait for the NtO

and in the meantime go hunting for the V5C.

Thank you.. will come back with the NtO for further advise

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 22nd January 2019 - 11:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.