PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If I got a speeding NIP within 2 years of driving, but made sure to delay court date until after 2 years, could I avoid revocation?
Raqsta
post Tue, 12 Nov 2019 - 21:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,600

Basically if I got an NIP now, for 35 in a 30, and appealed it and made sure to try and delay the court hearing until next March when I would have been driving for 2 years, will the endorsed points (either 3 or 6) count for the time of the offence (within 2 years) or the time of endorsement (hopefully after 2 years of driving)?

I have 3 points already and wouldn't care but I really really do not want to lose my license and start again, especially as I have just bought a new car. Any replies massively appreciated.

This post has been edited by Raqsta: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 - 21:41
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 Nov 2019 - 21:40
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Logician
post Tue, 12 Nov 2019 - 21:44
Post #2

Member No.: 36,528

It is the date of the offence that matters, so delay does not help you. Is this an actual situation or is it hypothetical, in which case it should be in the Flamepit?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raqsta
post Tue, 12 Nov 2019 - 22:03
Post #3

Member No.: 106,600

Real situation. The government speed camera database lists it as a 40 camera even though it flashed me at 35. Only happened a couple days ago so I don't know if it's a camera error or if an NIP is being processed right now. Just a waiting game sad.gif

+Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Tue, 12 Nov 2019 - 22:06
Post #4

Member No.: 5,183

35 in a 30 would qualify for a speed awareness course, assuming you haven't done one in the last 3 years and the offence wasn't in Scotland.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 07:58
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here