PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN for helping someone move, A PCN for a 13 minute stop while helping someone move out
itsmeyou
post Tue, 14 Jan 2020 - 22:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,410

Hey all,

In the middle of December I received a PCN through my door, see image below.

https://ibb.co/gDhdxYJ

The situation is a small residential set of apartments with parking space in front and out back through an arch.

Myself and friend were using out two vehicles to help a 3rd friend move their stuff out. While we spent time loading my friends vehicle, I parked my car at in the rear car park where the friend that lived there said I should.
They simply said I should park out back, this is because their landlord had given their parking space to another resident as they did not have a car (technically a breach of their rental contract).
I moved my vehicle away when it came to loading and then left the site entirely.

The PCN is for 13 minutes worth of time.

After I looked around online I decided to appeal (I hadn't discovered these forums).
My appeal was from a template from money saving expert. It layout mitigating circumstances which are the ones I have laid out so far in this post.

This appeal was rejected. Here is the letter.

https://ibb.co/zFf7dmg
https://ibb.co/7CW5qyj

My question is, how should I proceed from here onward?

If you need any more info or clarification please ask, and thanks for any assistance.
It all feels a bit silly getting charged from helping someone to move.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 31)
Advertisement
post Tue, 14 Jan 2020 - 22:05
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
itsmeyou
post Wed, 22 Jan 2020 - 15:53
Post #21

Should I be concerned that in the auto reply email it says;

"Appeals received outside of the 28 day timescale and/or failure to supply all the requested details will result in the appeal not being considered, logged or responded to."

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 10:48
Post #22

Member No.: 15,642

Well obviously
Yes, if you submttedit after 28 days
no if you submitted it before.

Not sure what more constructive response can be given...

+Quote Post
itsmeyou
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 18:07
Post #23

I was mostly trying to decide if that was just scare tactics or not.

If they claim I have missed my chance to appeal, and I have no intention of paying where do go from here then?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 19:35
Post #24

Member No.: 60,457

You just wait for their next move

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 20:02
Post #25

Member No.: 317

In what way is it a scare tactic?

What does it matter if they won’t consider the appeal if you owed nothing in the first place?

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
itsmeyou
post Thu, 23 Jan 2020 - 20:57
Post #26

At the moment they in think they can still get something (I assume they think this) if they don't read the appeal they may continue to chase me for it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 24 Jan 2020 - 08:08
Post #27

Yes, and? Your reading of, what, 25 threads by now will have shown you what stages CAN come after, and how much attention is paid to them!

For example, noone gives two hoots about debt collector letters.

+Quote Post
itsmeyou
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 11:07
Post #28

After letters from TNC, which as per advise I have just ignored, I have received another letter from National Parking Enforcement.

It give me 7 days to pay or "legal proceedings could be commenced against [me] without further notice".

Should I be worried that I may not get a warning of oncoming legal issues and do you have a suggested action.

The letter : https://ibb.co/bb07J4K

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 11:24
Post #29

Member No.: 49,223

Just a debt collector letter to file.

Not sure why Beavis is applicable - perhaps they don't understand?

QUOTE (itsmeyou @ Wed, 20 May 2020 - 12:07) *
It give me 7 days to pay or "legal proceedings could be commenced against [me] without further notice".

Without being complaint with pre-action protocol for debt claims???? No, never! laugh.gif

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 11:44
Post #30

tell them that their claim is laughable, as they have not complied with the pre action protocol for debt claims. As such, theuir claim is false, alarming and misleading business practice. You suggest ythey apologise before you complain to trading standards.

+Quote Post
itsmeyou
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 12:09
Post #31

QUOTE (Jlc @ Wed, 20 May 2020 - 12:24) *
Just a debt collector letter to file.

Not sure why Beavis is applicable - perhaps they don't understand?

QUOTE (itsmeyou @ Wed, 20 May 2020 - 12:07) *

Without being complaint with pre-action protocol for debt claims???? No, never! laugh.gif

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, I didn't know about the pre-action protocol and will look into it, thanks for the heads up, i suppose I am waiting to see if they want to send me a letter of claim.

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Wed, 20 May 2020 - 12:44) *
tell them that their claim is laughable, as they have not complied with the pre action protocol for debt claims. As such, theuir claim is false, alarming and misleading business practice. You suggest ythey apologise before you complain to trading standards.

I had given up on communicating with them as they either send copy pasted replies which amount to we are reading your sending. I can stay calm unless I see a letter of claim I guess though. Thank you for replying so promptly.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 20 May 2020 - 12:10
Post #32

Member No.: 49,223

Have a read here.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 21:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here