Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Someone Hit my rear bumper and tries to get away
MaxCC
post Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 08:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,443

Hi Guys

Would you please shed some light on this. Basically I was travelling 25 m/h on a 30's road, in a residential area, a few cars on the road about 5 meters distance to each other. Then we stopped at a pelican crossing, i was 4th on the queue. The guys, quite young behind me in his 20s, didn't stop in time and hit my bumper. While I stopped I checked in the mirror, did notice the car just got close and no sign of braking, I could tell he was like looking straight yet distracted, not paying attention to the road. Until the last minute he tried to stop yet too late, the collision was a bit loud.

My rear bumper has got couple dents yet not too serious. The guy did get out and check my damage, he said all the nice thing about paying the damage etc and gave me name/contact number/reg/address. We agreed the damage wasn't massive so wanted to settle this privately and not go through insurance. And now he blocks my number after few texts saying he would meet me up and compensate 50 quid etc.

I wouldn't care about compensation, yet don't want this dishonest guy just walks away like nothing happened. Are there any suggestions to handle this? A way I could mark this to his insurer without impacting mine?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Max.

This post has been edited by MaxCC: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 08:42
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 08:42
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
MaxCC
post Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 20:56
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,443

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 19:17) *
QUOTE (MaxCC @ Sun, 5 Aug 2018 - 19:05) *
thanks for the advice, didn't think of this before..

I mentioned it in post #8 yesterday.

That's a good point. guess I'll have to tell my current insurer then.. It has been two weeks now, is this too late? Thanks.

Probably not.

Thanks for the advice smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 17th November 2018 - 03:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.