PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speeding 3 times in a week. Same camera
Brenfox
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 18:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,392

Hi I've just recieved 3 speeding notices on the same camera all within a week & 2 on the same day. They all happened at work as I drive for a living. After researching I have found this is a new camera & there are articles online from newspapers where people are disputing the validity. I was already on 3 points so this takes me up to 12. I swear I wasnt speeding & I've got a very good driving record. Question is do I go to.court & challenge these 3 notices or accept them & hope i dont get banned when I inevitably go to.court?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 18:57
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
NewJudge
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 19:16
Post #2

Member No.: 23,623

What makes you say you were not speeding?

If you challenge the charges in court the onus will be on you to prove that the device cannot be relied upon to prove you were exceeding the speed limit.

What is the speed limit and the alleged speeds? Have you done a speed awareness course in the last three years?

+Quote Post
Logician
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 19:18
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

In what way are people "disputing the validity"? Do they say it is faulty?

Your best hope is to reply to these three NIPs (If that is what you mean by a speeding notice) naming yourself as the driver, sending all three forms in the same envelop together with a letter apologising for your driving, saying you did not appreciate what the limit was, and asking that they treat the three offences as a single one, as you had no time to adjust your driving.

You have not told us the alleged speeds and the limit, but it is possible that one might be within the range for a speed awareness course, this was not in Scotland and you have not done a course for an offence within the three years prior to these incidents, so you might get offered a course for one offence, so that you do not get up to 12 points, even if they will not treat the three as a single offence.

Unless you have some evidence, simply saying you were not speeding is not going to help, the camera is assumed to be correct unless you can show that it was not. What type of camera was it, are there any road markings?

This post has been edited by Logician: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 19:21

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 19:49
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Brenfox @ Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 19:57) *
I've got a very good driving record.

Your 'driving record' is irrelevant.

Question is do I go to.court & challenge these 3 notices or accept them & hope i dont get banned when I inevitably go to.court?

Upon reaching 12 points you can submit an exceptional hardship plea - how the points were accumulated is irrelevant.

The impact on others carries more weight for this plea. Losing your job in itself is not necessarily considered exceptional.

After researching I have found this is a new camera & there are articles online from newspapers where people are disputing the validity.

More likely they're annoyed now the camera has been turned on. What location?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Brenfox
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 19:54
Post #5

The two on the same day are both 35 in a 30. The third is 38. In the article in the Lincolnsbire newspaper & Rac we site several people.have claimed they have wrongly recieved nip's & all are alleged doing 35mph. I have no evidence I wasnt speeding but I know the road & I know the speed. It's a new camera & I dont know the type but it's the tall one that gets both directions. Here's a link to the article.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 20:08
Post #6

Articles:
Here, here and here.

Sounds like a double-headed RedSpeed - see this picture. The speed is measured by buried sensors and there will be a corroboration mark on the road.

You could ask for a photo to assist in the driver identification - they will usually send a shot where you can check the secondary evidence. If configured correctly then they are extremely accurate.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 20:10

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Brenfox
post Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 20:23
Post #7

Yes that's the same camera. The notice goes to my employer who then gives my details so the nip will come to me.

+Quote Post
TryOut
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 09:04
Post #8

Member No.: 103,734

QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 23 Aug 2019 - 21:08) *
Articles:
Here, here and here.

Sounds like a double-headed RedSpeed - see this picture. The speed is measured by buried sensors and there will be a corroboration mark on the road.

You could ask for a photo to assist in the driver identification - they will usually send a shot where you can check the secondary evidence. If configured correctly then they are extremely accurate.

It isn’t so none of that guff is correct.
It’s a radar.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 11:14
Post #9

QUOTE (TryOut @ Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 10:04) *
It’s a radar.

Ok, I presume corroboration lines still exist for these?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 11:45
Post #10

Member No.: 54,455

The key to this seems to be the conversion from one camera system to another. It surely cannot be coincidence that suddenly loads of speeding tickets get issued immediately after the new camera is installed. But of course all these devices are perfection aren't they ?

+Quote Post
TryOut
post Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 11:48
Post #11

Member No.: 103,734

QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 12:14) *
QUOTE (TryOut @ Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 10:04) *
It’s a radar.

Ok, I presume corroboration lines still exist for these?

No they don’t. None required for the system on that site.

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Sat, 24 Aug 2019 - 12:45) *
The key to this seems to be the conversion from one camera system to another. It surely cannot be coincidence that suddenly loads of speeding tickets get issued immediately after the new camera is installed. But of course all these devices are perfection aren't they ?

Maybe the old one was off and the new one is switched on.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 21st October 2019 - 21:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.